Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it looks like I'm getting my tank repaired instead of replaced. My shop had ordered a polished aluminum from SkyKing (actually they "tried" to order it) two weeks ago. Today they called to check on the order and skyking had not even put in the order AND they said it would be 2-3 months instead of 2-3 weeks as originally promised. The shop said they were real a**holes to boot!
So that tank is out of the question, I've been away from my baby too long as it is.
I'm going with my old dented tank fixed, bondo'd, and repainted. But I need a color that will give me the same feel that I wanted from polished aluminum. (flashy and eye catching, but not gaudy like a tank with racing flags/decals on it (no offense intended))
Any ideas?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
screw you guys............i'm going carbon fiber

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Hey Giarc,
Welcome to the board. Nothing like getting worthless responses on your first few posts ;)
I think it

M

·
0 Posts
To fix the tank first use Ding King and if that does not get the whole tank, try Dent King. They have a 1-800 number (it is at the office). I am going to try them on Monday. Hopefully the dent, which did not damage the paint, will be gone then.

Try puke green for the color. i don't think anyone has tried that color yet. ;D ;D ;D

Tom.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I drank too much last night... sitting on the pot taking a beer sh*t right now, and this sh*tty color might look nice on a tank. Kind of a yellowish greenish brown. You could maybe get a high-gloss clear coat on top... that's be awesome. Maybe you could even get the painter to throw in a couple peanuts, or a little yellow swirl here and there.

bleh... i'm never drinking again

but wireless internet+laptop = neato

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
You could do a Harley kind of thing. Use some silver leaf and put a coat of some color over it. That would give it a metallic look. Probably expensive though...

M

·
0 Posts
Will carbon fiber get me regular again?

I don't want to have a night like Adam. Although his color might work on a tank. Hummmm. ;)

M

·
0 Posts
Giarc,

We were only kdding by the way.

Good luck with the color choice. Make the bike your own.

Good luck,

Tom.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
This was posted a while back by someone:

maybe it gives you some ideas.

mitt

·
Registered
294 Posts
Either primer grey or red.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Giarc,
Welcome to the board. Nothing like getting worthless responses on your first few posts ;)
I think it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts