Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share with everyone my recent service on my M620. I went ahead and shelled out the bucks to have a 3k service done (glorified oil change), and decided to have them slap a 14t front sprocket and richen up the mixture using the mathesis program on the diagnostic computer. Just took it out in the canyons this morning and it runs awesome. My thoughts on the gear change are pretty much consistent with everyone else's experiences on this board. Revs run higher (runs at 5900 at 75mph in 5th gear now), which makes it a little more vibey when running quick on the freeway. However, in the canyons the new gearing is perfect. Pulls stronger and 3rd gear is where the money is at in the twistys. The tune is a must. It only cost me an additional $16 on my bill (.2 of an hour labor), and it seems to run smoother. The only mod I have is Stratified pipes, but I know the bike came lean from the factory. Much cheaper to "tune" than getting a power commander, etc. I'm sure if I opened the airbox I would need more than what they can tweak, but with this setup it seems to work great.

C

·
0 Posts
Glad to here you have a competent dealer. Mine hadn't un-crated thier mathesis or knew how to put it together. ::) I opted for the Power Commander. After the free 6k service thier never going to see me again . . ..

jb

·
Registered
84 Posts
Could someone tell me more about the mathesis tune ???
Do all dealers that work on Ducatis have one?
Is it Ducati specific or what?

Could you use this to richen up the mixture enough to run an open air box, filter and stock cans that were choped 3"

N

·
0 Posts
Was there any need for a chain adjustment w/ the 14t sprocket? Only seems logical that a smaller tooth would mean you need to shorten by one link... (figure I should know this before I attempt the mod!)

·
Registered
668 Posts
They normally come to US too lean.

Changing 15 -> 14 does not need cutting up the chain.

Well, I think so.

Skier

N

·
0 Posts
It just seems like the chain has a LOT of slack, I just want to make sure before the next ride!

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Moving down a tooth on the front sprocket will require adjustment of the chain. No need to take a link out of the chain, though. The slack should be around 21-25mm. See ducatisuite.com for more info on adjusting the chain tension.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts