Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a brand new '06 s2r 800 (Red, white stripe, white wheels) delivered to my house 3 days ago. WOW. I can still hardly believe it! A genuine Ducati in my garage. I have dreamed of this for at least 20 years (half my life).

I do have one relatively serious problem though. On my first 3 hour ride (200 KM), I got back home and spent 2 hours detailing my baby. Similar thing on second ride, third etc.

Will this affliction pass, or have I contracted such an insidious condition that I will never be able to bare to see those beautiful white wheels with a speck of brake dust on them.

Ahhhhh, I am so happy

Rich

Mtl, Qc

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Hey there,

You should meet up with us in Montreal, we're having a meeting this Tuesday (10th) from 6pm-10pm on Saint Laurent at Bistro Paparazzi (6486 St Laurent, in Little Italy near Jean Talon). We're always looking for Duc lovers to join us!

JC
Ducati Desmo Clan Montreal

·
Registered
444 Posts
Welcome....to the DML. One thing they don't you about owning a monster is how it affects time. I've found that 15 minutes of time on my S2R is equal to one hour of time when I'm not riding....strange.

Rob

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
Yeah [thumbsup] Love the color combo (especially since mine is the same) Good luck and welcome. As for the wheels check out www.wheelwax.com and get some Motul bike wash, cleans 'em up in a jiffy. [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Red Baron said:
Yeah [thumbsup] Love the color combo (especially since mine is the same) Good luck and welcome. As for the wheels check out www.wheelwax.com and get some Motul bike wash, cleans 'em up in a jiffy. [thumbsup]
Welcome! The knowledge you will gain with all the cats on the board is amazing. I have only been on the board for 3 weeks and have already learned so much.

Don't want to hijack the thread but Red Baron does that wheel wax really work? I also have white wheels and they get dirty really fast.

·
Registered
890 Posts
[clap] Grats on the new ride! Do your self a favor. Go ahead and destroy your credit cards. ;D

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
Helps in the tie required to clean, but the tradeoff is you'll have to re-apply it. Try the Motul you might be suprised how well it works.

Where's the pics? [thumbsup]

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NeufUnSix

Thanks for the invite, but as I write this, it is 8:30 tuesday night, and I am in St. Lazare. I will check out your site, and keep my eyes open for the next meeting.

rich

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys :)

Red baron, certainly will try wheelwax. Just love those white rims.

In regards to mods, the dealer gave me this crazy accessories catalogue. WOW ! And the dealer offers their own credit card. deep breaths, deep breaths ;)

As for pix, I will get to that soon, but all my free time is spent riding before the inevitable Montreal winter.

rich

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Congrats
I too recently got new S2R-800. I debated for hours about getting the Ducati Red 800 with the bright white wheels. Beautiful . But knowing I am a born obsessive compulsive I settled for the black beauty with the Harley orange stripes (same color as my previous Buell). White wheels would have driven me to the Xanax bottle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts