Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, not on a Triumph or Ducati, but my mother in law has taken the plunge into becoming a rider... I am such a bad influence... lol... I got my wife & my father in law into riding, and now my mother in law... after a day of riding on Sunday, we finally convinced her to sign up for the msf and we drove to a few dealers to check out potential bikes... it started with a Sportser and then she seen how top heavy they actually are, but she was convinced that a cruiser would be more comfortable for her, after sitting on some Buells, and then a trip to the Kawasaki dealer and sitting on a Ninja 650r, we ended up going to the Honda/Yama/Suzuki dealer, she sat on a FZ-6 and then we found a great bike for her that she liked the looks of and felt very comfortable on... a `06 Suzuki SV650... after spending about an hour getting on & off of it, it was time to do the paperwork... lol... I rode my wife's bike to my shop to store it there, and she rode the SV to their house... my mother in law is signed up to go to the MSF class in two weeks and has, in my view, an excellent first bike...

Oh and there may be a `07 GSXR 600 finding a place in my garage... my wife sat on one and with it now having the lowest seat height in its class, she loved the ergos of it,(I sat on it and it really is a very comfortable bike for a supersport)... she still cant flat foot, but it's lower than the Speed Four with the lowering link... The red & white color scheme is hot, but she wants the all black, so it's a good possiblity that in the next coming months she may have her own new bike, not a hand me down... people may say that the Japanese bikes dont have "soul" or "character", but I think the GSXR looks frickin' awesome, and makes me feel good looking at it... lol... and after her riding the SV to her parents house, she found out she's not really a v-twin girl, she likes to rev... lol...

Cool thing is that the salesguy we dealt with has a stable of 4 bikes, including a Paul Smart... And another salesperson spent a lot of time talking to me about my 675 and comparisons to the 600s and the GSXR 750... so it was cool seeing that some of the stories about Japanese bike owners or dealer salespeople not knowing about the Euro bikes or dogging them, arent really that accurate in all cases...

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well she started out thinking a cruiser was the way to go for her, but we quickly made her see the light... lol...

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Awesome about mother-in-law and great bike for her! [thumbsup]

I also have a thing for the new GSXR 600/750, their styling (especially the stubby exhaust) is beautiful. I still question how much soul they have but there is no questioning their purpose or their ability to fulfill that purpose. >:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts