Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my new Shoei RF-1000 yesterday and went for a spin today for about an hour.

Compared to my Fulmer AFS-7, the RF-1000 is a little lighter, quieter, and more aerodynamic. I was able to drop from the Fulmer's XL to L with the Shoei and fit is excellent. I almost went with the Arai Signet GTR which felt ever so slightly better, but didn't care for the side plates over the visor hinges.

Last but not least, When I was ordering the helmet(Iwanted white and it wasn't in stock) at the local dealer I asked if they gave AARP discounts. The sales guy laughed and said "Sure, if you're a senior citizen". I don't think he knew that you can join AARP if you're 50. I whipped out the membership card and got $30 knocked off the price which brought it down to a reasonable $259.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
I should have tried the AARP thing when I bought my RF-1000. ;)

I like everything about the RF-1000, except when I turn my head to the side at high speed. I don't know if I notice the side loads more because it cuts through the wind better when facing forward, or if it's something else, but you sure notice it. Only a minor inconvenience, though.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Scott, I had read your earlier comment about the higher side load when turning your head and was pleasantly surprised to find that the RF-1000 was better in that regard than my Fulmer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts