Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Story
http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/5418741.html

Please email the board of supervisors with your support for this.

[email protected] [email protected] [email protected]
Dear Dubuque County Supervisors,

I am writing in support of the motor track proposed as reported by KCRG Jan 31st 2007.

A venue like this does not exist within 4 hours of Eastern Iowa (Council Bluffs IA and near Chicago IL are the closest).

Today’s modern tracks are far different than those of the past. It is standard practice to only allow sport motorcycles with factory exhaust for track schools and race days, making much less noise than the common cruiser or chopper motorcycle most people are used to hearing.

The track will create a club like experience, and will draw people from Cedar Rapids, Waterloo, and Iowa City on a regular basis.

Sincerely,

I would love to get something like this locally!

mitt

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
mitt said:
Story
http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/5418741.html

Please email the board of supervisors with your support for this.

[email protected] [email protected] [email protected]
Dear Dubuque County Supervisors,

I am writing in support of the motor track proposed as reported by KCRG Jan 31st 2007.

A venue like this does not exist within 4 hours of Eastern Iowa (Council Bluffs IA and near Chicago IL are the closest).

Today’s modern tracks are far different than those of the past. It is standard practice to only allow sport motorcycles with factory exhaust for track schools and race days, making much less noise than the common cruiser or chopper motorcycle most people are used to hearing.

The track will create a club like experience, and will draw people from Cedar Rapids, Waterloo, and Iowa City on a regular basis.

Sincerely,

I would love to get something like this locally!

mitt
Any updates on this track???

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AlanKremzar said:
Any updates on this track???
Haven't heard anything lately, and I never got a reply to my emails. Hopefully it is a go.

mitt

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
I called the Dubuque County Board of Supervisors today and was transferred to the Zoning Comittee. Apparently the guy who's proposing the track is indeed getting somewhere. He has however been seeing some resistance. The guys name is John Udal (spelling???). The Zoning guy, Jim, said that the next step is another Public Hearing in front of the Zoning Commission to be held on May 15th @ 6pm at the NEICC (North East Iowa Community Collegge).

If I don't hear back from the Supervisors by the week prior, I'll try calling them again. I may make the trip up there for the hearing as well. In case anyone would like to research things further, I'll list the Supervisor's numbers below.

Donna Smith, Wayne Demmer, & Eric Manternach: 563-589-4441

-Alan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts