Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am clearing up some questions in regards to the pricing and our selling direct vs. MotoWheels.

Our new price that will be in effect immediatley is $149.95 for the long version and the short version (standard mirror length) will be $139.95, these prices include ground shipment in th US via UPS. We have given alot of thought to our original pricing and we have decided with MotoWheels that it is best for us to handle sales directly at this price point.

The colors that are available are Clear anodize (silver), Solar Black (dark) powdercoat and a new color: Gloss BLack (high shine)

Our guarantee is 100% and the warranty is a lifetime due to Manufacture defects.

I have appreciated all of your comments so far and I apologize for the confusion we may have caused.

Kevin Kachuck

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
re mirrors; IMHO - you guy's need a designer.

jb

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jim,

I appreciate your view on the design aspect, but what is it in particular that would have you make such a comment?

Please elaborate on your statement...

Kevin

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Kevin,
I can't seem to find a pic of your mirrors. Please post or email. Thanks, Michael

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is the intent of the design? What are the rules that drive the way in which the individual elements take shape, connect, etc? More specifically, what generated the shape of the mirror? - the inherent properties of the material, functionalism? Why are there lightning holes in the arms? Why are the arms shaped that way? Why wasn

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Everybody it seems who has used the Curcuit 998 mirrors and posts about them agrees that you can't see squat out of them cuz all you see are your elbows; it that design functionality?

scooby ;D

·
Registered
117 Posts
I agree with Jim. And while Rizoma mirrors are not very useful as far as rearview mirrors go - they are certainly beautiful.

Monstrak mirrors do nothing for me design-wise. I don't know if they provide better field of view than stock mirrors, but to me - the stock ones look better

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you Scooby, it is apparent what Jim thinks looks good to him. Jsut so you are aware we are not new to design or Mfg. We had several Design engineers and Mechanical engineers we work with everyday to give us their honest opinions and the only bad thing that was said is that the round part that connects the arm to the base of the mirror should be shaped as the mirror base itself.

We will probably make that change to see how it looks on the next production run. And FYI, about 70% of our current customers that have bought them are engineers for a living and thought the design was beautiful. I guess when they say that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" stands true here as well.

However I will agree that Rizoma has designed a very attractive mirror, the function behind it is just not there. We made our decision mainly to provide better function than the current market has to offer. When I say this I am not including bar end mirrors, which have their own function and style.

If you ever would like to have a personal conversation about this item or others I would certainly love to hear from you.

toll free 877-782-1119

Kevin

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
FYI, about 70% of our current customers that have bought them are engineers for a living and thought the design was beautiful.
Um, Kevin. I'm making no comment one way or the other regarding your design, but I'd like to observe that engineers are not generally highly regarded as aesthetic authorities ;)

As a Ph.D. engineer myself, I can make that statement with authority ;D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would agree with you, the comments I made were about function.

Our focus is on function before looks and I by that I can assume that our customers will choose the same.

On the level of craftmanship, I would sure enjoy your personal comments and I do not feel that looking at the pictures posted on the DML review do the mirrors true justice.

Of course, these are only my views.

If there are any of you that want to talk and be a a part of our design review, than please call.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If everyone would look back over my post they'd notice I DIDN'T reference the functionality of the Rizoma mirrors in relation to visibility. I haven

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hello Kevin,
I would have to say I think those mirrors look great. As someone who is NOT an Engineer, but more a student of function, those seem to fit the bill of seeing behind you.
My main beef has been vibration, I have tried several different mirror designs, (DP, Napoleon, Roadracing etc). All have great design but the only function I found was at idle at a stoplight. At speed however, I found all to be prone to vibration.

I would like to purchase a pair for my new S4, but was wondering about your tests with possible vibration at rolling speed. Or feedback from other MONSTRACK Mirror owners...
Thanks Kevin,
Rob

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rob,

I have done extensive road testing myself and I have found that the vibration is nil to none. This is why we use a ball joint that is adjsutable and when you find your spot, tighten the set screws down and you are ready to ride.

Let me know what color or length you would like, all but 2 of our mirrors sold to date have been long black. The powdercoat we do is the most durable and will be resistant to the weather for years to came.

We offer a personal guaranty, and that means ride with them for a while and if you are not happy or they don't offer you what you are looking for, call me and I will take them back.

We have been very successful in the Medical Device/Surgical Instrument business for years because we just plain care.

I look forward to your order!

Kevin

·
Registered
385 Posts
Thanks Kevin,
I get my bike delivered next Friday supposedly, I will let you know very soon after that.
I am getting a Foggy S4 so we'll see what would look best, but the silver does look good.
Thanks
Rob

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rob,

I will offer you both colors to try and see what looks best if this helps you. I have sent my shop set out before so you can try them and then I will have UPS pick them up when you decide..

Kevin

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can I assume than neither you or Jim are Engineers??

I'm aware you don't like our product and I wish you well in your choosing of items for your bike..

Best Wishes,

Kevin and the crew at MONSTRACK

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Scott,

I never caught what you do for a living, may I ask?

Kevin

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I would love to see some of your roofs, they must be perfect.. Could you send me some pic's?

It sounds like you are quite successful and My god you must do alot of roofs to have such an array of Engineer clients. I wish oyu look on your business and again of you would like to talk about design on moto parts, please call me! I would love to hear from you.

Kevin

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As a recent purchaser of monstrack mirrors I can honestly say I like the look of them but,

- Could I design something that looks different? Sure.
- Could I design something better? Maybe
- Do I have the time? No.

I bolted my mirrors on yesterday, gave them a quick ride and realized I was going to have to adjust from the mickey mouse ears. I still need to tighten them up and play with alignment a bit but they offer an improvement over stock based on my viewing angle and where my big carcass blocks the view.

I do think its important to note some points here.
These mirrors give up some vertical viewing area. The longs give a much improved side lane viewing area for me. I can clearly see any traffic beside me up to my helmet blind spot. Something the mickeys never seemed to be adjustable enough for.

Now i've not tweaked my viewing angles yet but it seems that they slightly improved my view directly behind me but not by much. Given that they are smaller mirrors this will take a little getting use to before I can honest say they are better or worse.

My only real constructive criticism would be the mirrors could be a tad larger, maybe 10/15% towards the outside portions to improve visibility but thats me. I think smaller guys would think these mirrors are fine. If you think these look "bad" I can honestly say they look much better than the pictures lead you to believe.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts