Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my name was themagicalswitch on here, but I changed it recently. Anyway, I thought I'd let you know that I now own and operate loudbike e-store from Bloomington, IN. The site will be evolving and showing a grater portion of the products I have available in the near future. I have not announced this yet, but I also can get any ducati performance or stock ducati part you need.

Anyhow, just thought I'd let you know that I'm doing my part to give Indiana a presence in the motorcycle community. I'd like to schedule and organize some street rides next year as well as some track events for all of us.

Here is a shot of me at Putnam Park for the last track day of the season. This was on the way out of turn 4. Please ignore my leather suit that is about a foot too wide :p

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Grifo said:
Congrats and good luck with the business.
+1 On an Indiana Ducatisti ride.
Thanks guys! I was thinking it would be cool to have a ride through some twisties with the destination being a pub or eatery of some sort where would could get together for a motoGP viewing. To me that is a perfect ride!

·
Registered
520 Posts
now THIS is what I been waiting for !! But being stuck in the "dirty south" of indiana has it's drawbacks since I'm way down here

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hell yeah! Parts right down the street!

BTW, Desmoworks, I'm motofanatic over on SMJ.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
c5367 said:
Hell yeah! Parts right down the street!

BTW, Desmoworks, I'm motofanatic over on SMJ.
Hey man! I don't know if you have been past my house this week, but we have started tearing off the two layers of siding that are on there so we can put up some fiber cement siding. Anyway, it's been hectic trying to get settled into this new business as well as remodeling that house.

Didn't I read that you had a slight get off? How are you healing up?

·
Registered
153 Posts
remodeling and launching a business? At least you're keeping busy! [laugh]

Yeah, I endoed a bit racing CCS. Damn Buells! The KTM held up great, even netted me some wood! (trophy, you sick bastages!) I'm heling up pretty well. Went to the the track w/ the 749 two weekends after, and did the misupermoto day up at Newcastle.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey I may be contacting you for a few parts..or at least Ideas on where to get them...

most needed part is oil pressure sensor 2000 m900 dark.

anyway awsome and good luck with the shop

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FlatBlack900 said:
Hey I may be contacting you for a few parts..or at least Ideas on where to get them...

most needed part is oil pressure sensor 2000 m900 dark.

anyway awsome and good luck with the shop
I can get any stock ducati part and ducati performance accessory as well as the aftermarket parts I sell on my site!

The oil pressure sensor for a 2000 M900 dark was P#53940191A, but was superceded by P#5940081D, and then P#53940301A which it currently is and is currently available from Ducati. If you need it let me know and I can have it to you in a few days.

Anthony

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
FlatBlack900 said:
Hey can you do anywork on bikes too?....

Im kinda of learning as I go but could always use a hand.
I work on my own bikes and on friends bikes, but have never rented my services out as I'm sure there is some sort of liability and I don't have all of the proper Ducati tools. Some stuff is makeshift etc... like belt tension with the 5mm allen key. I would never do that on a customer bike.

I could help you do stuff though like valve checks, clutch work, new pistons, etc... I also have a tire changer and will change a set for $20 off of the bike. I got tired of paying $60-$80 to get tires mounted and balanced and I don't buy tires at the local dealer as there is an enormous markup. Buy buying tires online and changing them myself I can easily save $150 or more depending on the tire every change. I changed tires probably 10 times this season with zero street miles so I figure I saved around $1500 and the tire changer, balancer, etc... only cost $800 new. nomartirechanger.com - and it doesn't scratch wheels like the machines the dealers use. I had a dealer scratch the hell out of a set of magnesium wheels I had and I almost flipped out!

What kind of work do you need done?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well I just got the bike and it could use a once over by some more experienced eyes.

But I need a new front tire put on (still need to buy one).

Valve check wouldn't hurt...(I was told it was done but only got the paper work on the 600 mile)
bought the bike with 7001 miles

I would also like to change the "sprokets" so its not so jumpy and jerky in 1st and 2nd gear. Someone said something about changing the teeth one in front and like two in back?

O and a new chain would be nice.

Most of that I can prolly do but Im new to Ducati and bikes....I did get a service manual for the bike though...but some of that is like looking at another language.

Thx for your reply

·
Registered
153 Posts
desmoworks said:
I work on my own bikes and on friends bikes, but have never rented my services out as I'm sure there is some sort of liability and I don't have all of the proper Ducati tools. Some stuff is makeshift etc... like belt tension with the 5mm allen key. I would never do that on a customer bike.

I could help you do stuff though like valve checks, clutch work, new pistons, etc... I also have a tire changer and will change a set for $20 off of the bike. I got tired of paying $60-$80 to get tires mounted and balanced and I don't buy tires at the local dealer as there is an enormous markup. Buy buying tires online and changing them myself I can easily save $150 or more depending on the tire every change. I changed tires probably 10 times this season with zero street miles so I figure I saved around $1500 and the tire changer, balancer, etc... only cost $800 new. nomartirechanger.com - and it doesn't scratch wheels like the machines the dealers use. I had a dealer scratch the hell out of a set of magnesium wheels I had and I almost flipped out!

What kind of work do you need done?
$20 a set?!? Flippin' sweet! You'll be seeing alot of me next track season [laugh] BTW, I saw that sweet custom SV on SMJ and have been meaning to ask who did the paint. I need to get my track skins done. Speaking of which, can you get a hold of the stock 749R decals?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
c5367 said:
$20 a set?!? Flippin' sweet! You'll be seeing alot of me next track season [laugh] BTW, I saw that sweet custom SV on SMJ and have been meaning to ask who did the paint. I need to get my track skins done. Speaking of which, can you get a hold of the stock 749R decals?
The paint was done by a guy in TX. I could find out who if you want to know, but shipping would be a lot. I can get the stock decals from Ducati. I just checked and they have them in stock in Italy so I could have them in a few days. They are $16.07 each. There is a guy in Louisville that commonwealth uses to paint all of their track bodywork. If you want a name and number let me know. I could probably take it down there for you and bring it back as I go to Louisville a lot as my parents and my girlfriends parents live near there.

Bring those tires on next season!!! [laugh]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.