Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I would like to thank everyone on the DML for their care and concern following my accident last month. The collarbone seems to be healing fine, and I am looking forward to a great riding season next year. Evil Steve... I could not follow up as quickly as I would have liked about your forks as my insurance company JUST cut the check last week. If they are just sitting around I may still make an offer, but don't hold them for me. I can deal with minor grindage at the bottom for now.

On to new issues...

I am trying to decide on a new paint scheme for the 695 Dark. I am sticking with the flat black in general, but am thinking about a low gloss metallic black with clear coat instead to protect the decals and to give it a bit more character. I am also thinking about moving to a different typeset for the DUCATI, as well as possibly highlighting either or both the "Dark" and "Monster" aspects of the bike on the tank. Nate (Ducpainter) at Frosty's Finishes is going to be doing the job, and I am asking him for input as to possible custom options in this regard.

I also wanted to put it to all of you at the DML as to what you think would be a good scheme to go with for a reborn Monster. Should I stick with the stock stickers over the matte black, or should I low gloss the metallic black with a slightly different scheme? I thought about maybe a monstrous typeset of "Monster" in red or plum underneath the "DUCATI", or instead of Monster, signify the "Dark" in a custom manner.
>:D

Decisions decisions...

Any and all ideas are welcome!!

Peace and good safe riding to all over the holidays and beyond,

Chad

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Re: New paint job ideas for 695 Dark...

Glad your fine, No graphic's, you know what it is, if they don't ehh, low gloss black is the nuts [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
christianweisser said:
I always thought the font from the old punk band "Misfits" would look cool as a Monster font:

http://www.dafont.com/misfits.font
Yeah that is a pretty cool font. I've been playing around with some halo behind it.

xswimordiex said:
how about low gloss black with some pinstriped flames in italy's colors?
Interesting as well.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
So many choices out there. Personally I like the flat Dark with gold decals or gold air brushed font.

Bottom line though, Frosty does good work. He repaired and finished my '01 tank. [thumbsup]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts