Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to DMLers. Am a new owner of 2006 s2r 800 in Orland, FL. Wanted to attend Ductoberfest but really don't know anybody else going and I really don't want to ride there by myself. Went on my first group ride this last weekend to Mt. Dora. No problems on group ride but almost got taken out twice when riding by myself to and from group riding meeting place. One talking to his wife while pulling out and one on cell phone coming in my lane. :eek: Can understand why O-Town is angry City.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Welcome to the DML........and let's be careful out there!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the bike.

We will need some pictures of it ASAP!

GotDuc

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Not an expert by any means but I would advize picking up a couple of light reading books like twist of the wrist 1 and 2, both are very good books to help you learn about riding techniques on a track that also apply to real world riding. Be safe and ride.

-ghost

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
congrats! [clap] Just got the same bike delivered 2 wks ago (red/wht)

at least you're in Florida and can ride it thru winter , in Montreal its getting cold already.

·
Registered
206 Posts
LuuDan,

Congrats on the new bike.

Yes ... stay safe out there ... and always think that they're out there to kill you.

Question: How do you know that this person was talking to their wife and not say their male partner? [laugh] ... not that there is anything at all wrong with that.

Also yes ... this post is useless without pics man. Not to mention the expected doughnuts and beer ;D

·
Registered
943 Posts
I lived in Orlando/Kissimmee FL for a bit back in the day. If the old retiree drivers don't get ya the weather will. Watch out for those surprise downpours.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Excellent taste for your first Duc.

Obviously, I approve...

LJB 8)

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Congrats. Red, black or orange. I got a black 800 a couple of months ago. Just moved from Lakeland FL to Norfolk VA. You are just entering peak riding season. Do yourself a favor and GET THE HELL OUT OF TOWN. There are so many great roads just south of you. Between you and Sebring there is an abundance of nothingness. Everything is built on old phosphate mines and orange groves. Lot of flat land with 90 degree curves. But watch out for the wild pigs. I envy you. I figure I have another month or two before I'll have to take a little break but the ride is in front of you. Get the map out and look for the faint squiggly lines and go find them. Just GET THE HELL OUT OF TOWN. You'll live longer. Good Luck.

If you ever get over to Lakeland or Bartow, I've got a great 40 mile course with nothing but s-turns and long straights.

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
Welcome and we need pics for verification please. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
97 Posts
Congrats and welcome.
I have an 06 Red/White S2R 800. Great bike. Lots of fun.
Take it easy and be careful always.

Ara

·
Registered
189 Posts
Congrats.
I just bought a 2005 S2R that was a dealer's bike. In two months I have almost 4000 miles on it. It is my first bike and needless to say, I am smitten. Usually my cheeks hurt from smiling in my helmet.

Be safe out there. Florida is a crazy state for driving, riding or living for that matter. I make it down there at least twice a year and it never amazes me to see what passes for driving.

Not that NYC is any better... let's just say that my 20 minute commute is very exciting.

Ps... All those miles come from "GETTING THE HELL OUT OF TOWN" every weekend.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Hey hey hey!

Congratulations!

I had a about six dumb drivers on the way home last night. One included a Prius who wanted to race and a mustang that decided to squeeze me so I couldn't change lanes to avoid the braking and turning van in my left lane. What a pompous arse!

And what is up with the Prius drivers and the big chips on their shoulders. It's worse then the Tercel crowd!

Just expect them to do the worst and they always will. Anticipate everything.

Ride Safe
8) [thumbsup]

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
And what is up with the Prius drivers and the big chips on their shoulders.
Not sure but I seem to get stuck behind a lot of them in the left lane. I guess they want to show off to the world that they are getting some good gas mileage. ::)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts