Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just picked up a 99 monster 900 here are my questions...

The bike has a K&n filter and arrow slip on pipes. I know that it needs to be jeted to increase the fuel but will I kill the motor riding it 25 min to my local dealer to have it done?

Second:

The turn signals do not stay lit when the bike is on(like marker lights) , only when the turn signals are activated. Is this normal?

Same with the tail light. It does not stay on when the bike is on, only when the brake is pressed. Could this be only a blown fuse or as the previous owner said, a wire that he unhooked when he was putting a new battery in.

Thanks in advance for your input guys. I havent had a chance to look the bike over real well as I have only had it for a few hours but I just wanted to get your input.

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
Congrats! and welcome to the DML and monster ownership. [thumbsup]

How do you know it needs to be jetted? But no, you won't kill it riding it to the dealer.

Your turn signals should only illuminate when activated. So they're behaving normally.

Your rear light should be on all the time when the bike is running. It gets brighter when you use the brake. You *probably* just need to replace the bulb. You can check it pretty easily. Get a philips screwdriver and take off the red plastic cover to the rear light. Careful, the plastic is easy to crack. Then twist the bulb out. There is probably one of the two fillaments that's broken. The bulb is a buck or so to replace. Either get a replacement from a Ducati dealer or you can use a non-OEM bulb. I don't remember which one, but someone here will post up or you can do a quick search. It could also be a wire, but check the bulb first.

·
Banned
1,235 Posts
if it hasn't been re-jetted after a pipe and K&N were installed. It could run lean, but not catastrophically so...

for piece of mind throw a stock filter in if you have one.

-- edited since I jsut repeated what spidey said--
Q

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
peerfect thanks guys. I was just really worried about it running lean. Yea ill check the bulb tonite...thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts