Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some years back I was a regular member of this board, up until I reluctantly sold my Ducati ST3 and my 695 Monster. My old account seems to have withered away, kinda' like my finger joints...ha! Old "Uncle Aurther-itis" finally got the better of me, especially my hands. When I could no longer ride longer than 15 minutes, I felt I had to throw in the towel.

I began riding at age 15 and over the next 50 years I owned enough motorcycles to stock a small shop. Some were junk, some were fabulous, but I loved every one of them. If you can't have fun on two wheels the problem ain't the wheels...

The ST3 was probably the "best" bike I ever owned; the 695 Monster was the most pure fun.

As the wife and I clean out our closets, garage, etc. and prepare to downsize, finding a few old bike parts ignited that old passion again. Now at age 70, I'd like to be out there riding as much as ever. Young guys and gals, enjoy every minute of the wind in your hair and the roar in your ears...you will long remember it as one of the great joys in your life!

·
Super Moderator
617 Posts
Welcome back! So, are you getting another Monster?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I have to say I've missed that 695 Monster as much as anything I've let go in the last few years. However, my hands haven't gotten better in the five years since I sold it, so getting another one probably isn't very practical.

On the other hand, I have a lifetime history of doing just such crazy things that certainly were not "practical." So never say never!!! Maybe a dual clutch transmission model will make it to the Monster line-up one of these days... : )

·
Registered
760 Posts
I’m 70 and I still ride, though not as much as I used to. My Monster, with a taller windshield and risers for the bars, is pretty comfortable. I have arthritis, bad back and knees, and my kidneys want me to stop every hour, but you can still do it. It’s still a lot of fun. Don’t let age hold you back. It’s only a number.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Sunshine Guy I'm 72. Before I ride I take 4 200mg of ibuprofen. I take 2 glucosamine HCI 1500MG/MSM 1500 every morning. A few years ago I stopped taking the glu and my hans stared hurting. Got back on the glu and the pain stopped. Some of the old dudes I ride with take glucosamine. Like me it helps. Please check with your doctor if you decide to try the glu and a ibi. Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts