Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, just brought myself a S2R last week, now I'm a proud duc owner. [laugh] The bike is awesome, way better than my dad's fatboy ;D...
but anyway, I accidentally tip over the bike today doing a U-turn on a slope :-[ bad idea... I bent my clutch lever and gear change pedal pretty bad, though no damage to the body. My dealer told me that it's going to take 2-3 weeks for the clutch lever to come in. I wonder is there any non OEM parts that I can use to replace the lever and pedal?? thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
This is God's way of telling you to upgrade to CRG levers! [laugh]

Sorry, but I'm no help. You might want to post this in PARTS WANTED. [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
yeah...what he said.

oh.... and WELCOME!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea... CRG adjustable levers do look nice... I might just get a pair ;) But would they fit 06 S2R 800? I think, correct me if I'm wrong, my levers have larger pivot.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
A lot of aftermarket parts take less time to get here than stock parts coming from the factory. Also, if you have a vice you could temporarily straighten your bent lever until you get a new one.

·
Registered
298 Posts
From my limited knowledge there are several options for the CRG levers if that is the way you want to go. Just make sure that when you order, you get the right part. It's always best to search online and find a retailer or local shop that carries that product. Then let them know which part you want and they should be able to order the correct part!

Have fun! Ride safe!

Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
Some controlled violence on the pedal can get it to function if you want
to ride until new parts arrive. It can take it, dunnit.

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
may i suggest some frame sliders ;)

If you go the CRG route, I would suggest the shortys. Yes they come in big pivot for coffin reservoirs. I have them on my 620.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WoW, thanks guys [thumbsup], I'm overwhelmed by the replies I got in such a short time [clap]. I tried to straighten my clutch lever, thought may be I didn't heat it enough, the straightened lever shows noticeable stress mark, I don't think its safe to use anymore.

My dealer told me they have brembo replacement levers, I think they'll fit nicely.

·
Banned
1,053 Posts
my roommate is parting out an s2r 800, pm me and i'll give you his contact info. I'm prettysure he still has the parts you need.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts