Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my silver 1100 monster Friday night. Didn't really get a chance to ride on Saturday because of course College Football, but I did get out today for a nice little ride. I love it!!! It's much more comfortable than my 999s was (at least on longer rides and in Atlanta traffic). I've been spending hours looking for aftermarket goodies. Any recommendations?? I'm looking at slip ons. Does anybody have the carbon fiber termignoni's on their silver one? I think I'm leaning more toward the titanium slip-ons over the carbon fiber as far as looks go. What do you think??

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just picked up my silver 1100 monster Friday night. Didn't really get a chance to ride on Saturday because of course College Football, but I did get out today for a nice little ride. I love it!!! It's much more comfortable than my 999s was (at least on longer rides and in Atlanta traffic). I've been spending hours looking for aftermarket goodies. Any recommendations?? I'm looking at slip ons. Does anybody have the carbon fiber termignoni's on their silver one? I think I'm leaning more toward the titanium slip-ons over the carbon fiber as far as looks go. What do you think??
Here's a link to my silver M1100 with CF Termis before I opened the clutch. Stainless/Titanium would look nice. Plus, it would be one less bike that looks like mine!

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=53791&d=1251581085

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks BPA. That looks pretty sweet. Not as bad as I thought it would look. How do you like that low seat?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks BPA. That looks pretty sweet. Not as bad as I thought it would look. How do you like that low seat?
Not as "bad" as you thought it would look??? Well, thanks a lot! :p

Like I said, I think you should get stainless. They'll look purty and they won't look like mine!

I like the low seat a lot. IMO it's actually more comfortable than the "comfort" seat (I've had both), it looks sweet, and since I have a 29" inseam closer to the ground is always a good thing.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BPA, hope you didn't take offense to that. For some reason as I was standing over mine thinking about what the two would look like I just couldn't picture the carbon Fiber ones and how they would look with the dull silver, that's why I was asking for pictures. I was really saying that it looks pretty darn good. Now, I'm just trying to decide if it's worth the extra $400 for the Titanium ones. I don't think they make stainless for the 1100, they do for the 696. It's either CF or Ti.

I hate to do it to you, but I may end up saving that $400 and using it for other mods. I'm all the way on the east coast, so don't worry about it at least you won't see me riding around Cali on it ;-)

Thanks for the info on the seat. It does look sweet!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
BPA, hope you didn't take offense to that. For some reason as I was standing over mine thinking about what the two would look like I just couldn't picture the carbon Fiber ones and how they would look with the dull silver, that's why I was asking for pictures. I was really saying that it looks pretty darn good. Now, I'm just trying to decide if it's worth the extra $400 for the Titanium ones. I don't think they make stainless for the 1100, they do for the 696. It's either CF or Ti.

I hate to do it to you, but I may end up saving that $400 and using it for other mods. I'm all the way on the east coast, so don't worry about it at least you won't see me riding around Cali on it ;-)

Thanks for the info on the seat. It does look sweet!!
No offense, I love the bike and I love the look of the CF. That's strange they make the SS for the M696 but not the M1100. I had SS on my Pearl White M696.

Titanium! Get Titanium! What's $400? You can't take it with you... :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts