Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies:
Finally purchase my first monster and was looking for some feedback on what brand jackets and boots you would recommend?

·
Registered
335 Posts
I've got an Icon Motorhead jacket in yellow and black. Nice jacket, but quite weighty. I also picked-up (on sale) a Ducati Tri-color leather/textile jacket. Love this jacket. It's got leather in the right places and the textile makes it light. It is made by Dainese, so the quality is there. It is just as warm as the Icon and much lighter. For summer boots I have the Sidi Vertigo Air. For winter I use the Chippewa Odessa Rally boots. Love both boots, as the have adequate protection for the lower legs and both are quite easy to walk around in when off the bike. If you do any winter riding I would highly recommed the First Gear HT overpants. These pants are amazing, I've never been cold wearing these pants. The pants have a removable insulation liner and also have CE armor in the knees and padding in the hip area. Whatever kind of gear you get, I recommend being able to try the stuff on and see how it fits before buying, rather than buying over the Internet or via mail order. This is especially true of gloves.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I was looking at the ICON Jackets online (didn't realize they were that heavy) I'll check to local shop. Thanks for the suggestions

1 - 3 of 3 Posts