Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wondering if this has happened to any of you with your Ducs....

I have a new (972 miles) monster 696 and there's been a few times, specially while idling for a min or too in neutral that the engine light comes on and it marks it as a Lambda sensor error but then it goes away by itself or if I startup the engine again or just ride away. But yesterday it was giving me problems starting up and the idling seem really low, off and rough and the engine light came on with the lambda sensor error, I gave it a woot to see if it would clean it up (I've read somewhere that this helps sometimes) but it didn't go away until after min or two, I went to run some errands and had to turn off and on a few times he bike and eventhough it was already hot the initial idling seemed very low and rough then a min or two and I would be fine again and idling fine..... I'm going to hav it checked at DucatiMiami any way but has this happened to anyone? Is it common? Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've put more than 3k miles on mine. I have never experienced that. You should definitely have you're dealer remedy the problem. The only problem that I've had yet is a very slight oil leak on the left side of the case. This was apparently because not enough sealant was applied to the engine during production (ducati doesn't use gaskets, instead they precisely machine their metal parts and use some sort of a sealant). Wasn't a huge issue, but it required a lot of labor...of course it was covered under warranty=free to me...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes, I've had the service engine light come on..............
The circumstances were always the same:
--Hot air temperature, about 90 or hotter. The light would come on about a minute or so after I started the engine, while it was idling and warming up. Most of time, but not every time, I would turn off the engine, with the key, then start it up again. Most of the time, but not every time, the engine light would not come back on.
I took the bike to the dealer -- Albuquerque -- and they put it on their computer. I can't remember exactly what they told me, but it was not an issue to worry about and they were not sure exactly what was happening.

Never was engine performance affected by the light coming on.

One possible issue: I had installed Leo Vince slip-ons. Whatever change that might make could cause the light to come on. It could be a fuel/air mixture issue. Exacerbated by 90-degree temperatures.
Now that it's cooler, even cold, the service engine light does not come on.
We'll see what happens once summer arrives.
At that time, if the problem continues, I'll revisit the dealer.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took my bike in to Ducati Miami and when they hooked it up to the computer the only error that came up was low battery error and they rest it. Since then the bike has been running and starting perfectly!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts