Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in NJ. I bought this bike about 2 months ago, my first Ducati (coming from Suzuki SV650). Mods are Rizoma rearsets and passenger pegs, speedymoto pressure plate with Rizoma cover, rizoma reservoirs and levers, Rizoma fender eliminator, Rizoma classic mirrors, and carbon fiber rear hugger and exhaust guards.

I also have an Oberon clutch slave cylinder, Rizoma cam shaft covers, and speedymoto sprocket cover (not pictured).

Next steps are getting the handlebars, risers, and headlight powder coated.

Let me know your thoughts.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The mirrors are about an inch and a half less wide than stock. I moved the mounts out as wide as possible to help a little. The coverage suffers obviously so it's a question of being willing to make a trade-off with the looks. I've only ridden with them a couple times (and I was playing with the positioning) so I can't say too well how happy I am with them. I wouldn't wholeheartedly recommend them because the loss of vision is maybe 20%.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
What handle bar and risers do you go with? It looks like you got a good amount of rise, does it clear the tank when completely cranked?

Rearset and passendger pegs look good. Are those rearsets adjustable to have a more upright setting position...say for longer distance riding?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What handle bar and risers do you go with? It looks like you got a good amount of rise, does it clear the tank when completely cranked?

Rearset and passendger pegs look good. Are those rearsets adjustable to have a more upright setting position...say for longer distance riding?
Thanks. The handlebars and risers are stock. I'm just getting them powder coated. I have some lower back problems, so I actually wanted to keep the weight on my arms.

The rearsets are adjustable, about 20 mm in all four directions. You also have a lot of adjustability to the toe peg location also.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I see you have a small black rear brake fluid tank siting on your bench there. Did you try it and decide to go with the gold instead?

If you still have it and want to sell it, let me know. I need a rear to complete my set on my M1100s. For some reason I was dumb enough to think I'd be happy with just the front two... :p

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I see you have a small black rear brake fluid tank siting on your bench there. Did you try it and decide to go with the gold instead?

If you still have it and want to sell it, let me know. I need a rear to complete my set on my M1100s. For some reason I was dumb enough to think I'd be happy with just the front two... :p
Exactly, I got the black and then decided to go gold in the rear. I'd be happy to sell it to you. What's the easiest way to exchange info to do that? You can contact me at swankdaddy7 "at" gmail "dotcom" if you want.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great looking bike indeed!

I have question about those Rizoma rearsets and passenger pegs... Can you adjust passenger pegs to lower position than original? Or are those fixed but lower than original?

My current bike is M620 and girlfriend is complaining about passenger pegs being too high... I don't know is there difference between M620 and M1100 in passenger comfort?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great looking bike indeed!

I have question about those Rizoma rearsets and passenger pegs... Can you adjust passenger pegs to lower position than original? Or are those fixed but lower than original?

My current bike is M620 and girlfriend is complaining about passenger pegs being too high... I don't know is there difference between M620 and M1100 in passenger comfort?
There is no adjustment on the passenger pegs. They may be a little lower than stock, but honestly I haven't measured it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts