Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K.... So it's cold and rainy and... WINTER, dang it, so how about these new mods? Got the CF "racing" belly pan (LOL) and side panels for Christmas.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Very nice!! [thumbsup]

Swanny

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Two things: 1) you have WAY too much room in your garage!!!! 2) in the first picture, is that red thing hanging down from your garage door connection link the emergency pull cord for your garage door (ie. if the power is out) ? If it is, you might want to remove it. When your garage door is closed a not so nice person can work a coat hanger or something similar through the top of your door. Then they can blindly fish around with it until they "catch" the cord then pull it and release the door opener and calmly roll up your door and help themselves to your goodies. Take a look at how close the cord is to the outside when the door is all the way down. All those years at the criminal courthouse taught me a lot about bad people and their tricks and I have had friends that this actually happened to. I'm not kidding, take the cord off, you can still reach up and flip the release catch by hand if you need to. This is my first public service announcement!!! [cheeky]

ps those aren't windows in the top door panel are they??? ooops!

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Point taken; got it fixed. As far as too much space... my car is about to find itself reloated outside if this mtorcycle madness continues [laugh] The Monster was in its place for this pix...

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Sorry to sound so preachy but no s**t my friends got burned this way and I saw several burg. habs. done this same way in the courts I ran. Hits really close to home and people normally don't think like crooks. Thankfully. Thanks for putting up with my %#@*&! It won't happen again.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
n2f said:
Got the CF "racing" belly pan (LOL) and side panels for Christmas.
Someone must have been a VERY good girl last year ;)
Looks great! When do we get to see it in action???

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Duc_L'Smart said:
Someone must have been a VERY good girl last year ;)
Looks great! When do we get to see it in action???
Didn't we see it at the brunch (last week?). I think I did... should I seek professional help?

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AndreRA3 said:
Didn't we see it at the brunch (last week?). I think I did... should I seek professional help?

You are correct!

Not sure about the "professional help" part >:D [laugh]

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
n2f said:
Point taken; got it fixed. As far as too much space... my car is about to find itself reloated outside if this mtorcycle madness continues [laugh] The Monster was in its place for this pix...
well that's just mean! poor car! [cheeky] every vehicle should have a nice warm home all its own! Looks like you'll need to add an addition to the garage! :)

·
Registered
682 Posts
fastwin said:
I'm not kidding, take the cord off, you can still reach up and flip the release catch by hand if you need to. [cheeky]

Good advice. Thanks [thumbsup]

N2F, I like the mods... but I still don't see anything polished.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Jones said:

Its not a Harley Jones!! [cheeky] Geez!!

Swanny

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Jones said:

that's not fair, the headlight bezel is clearly polished ;) what's up with that anyways? [laugh]

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ha! The headlight bezel is clearly chromed [cheeky] Only piece of chrome on the bike as a matter of fact. Hmmm... maybe I should fix that...

Now as for you Jones, no one does the "polished" bit better than you, so I won't even attempt it >:D

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
n2f said:
Ha! The headlight bezel is clearly chromed [cheeky] Only piece of chrome on the bike as a matter of fact. Hmmm... maybe I should fix that...

Now as for you Jones, no one does the "polished" bit better than you, so I won't even attempt it >:D
I'll chime in... (two cents worth)
Isn't the coolest that we own bikes that are sooo much cooler than HD's and we don't pay for the weight and cost that Harley's (and all the other UCC's <Ultimate Chromed Cruisers>) do?
Polishing is great Jones... my Norton's aluminum attests to that...
..and who said a Ducati was expensive!?

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ducandcover said:
Isn't the coolest that we own bikes that are sooo much cooler than HD's and we don't pay for the weight and cost that Harley's (and all the other UCC's <Ultimate Chromed Cruisers>) do?

My husband.

Every day.

Of course I just gently remind him how truly lucky he really is (yes, lucky. Why are you laughing?) because from now on, Christmas', birthdays, and anniversaries are all set, he won't have to hunt around for a gift for me ever again; Ducati maintenance is all I ask :angel:

Oh, and mods...

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Ducandcover said:
I always chuckle when a female non-motorcyclist looks at my Monster and says "it's so pretty" and the best was 2 weeks ago when one said "it's so Christmasy"...lol..I always imagine this person saying, about a Harley "it's so shiny" or "it's so stupid loud and slow" because that is their main value add...

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
n2f said:
My husband.

Every day.

Of course I just gently remind him how truly lucky he really is (yes, lucky. Why are you laughing?) because from now on, Christmas', birthdays, and anniversaries are all set, he won't have to hunt around for a gift for me ever again; Ducati maintenance is all I ask :angel:

Oh, and mods...

You're right, I WAS laughin' before I even got to your comment ;D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts