Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've decided on a new set of mods for this year... I'm going w/ a Powercard from DesmoTimes, as well as a 14T countershaft sprocket. The mods look DIY safe and I can't wait. Also, I'm waiting to hear back from www.greenfilterusa.com on a hi flow air filter. If not, perhaps www.bmcairfilter.com , K&N is popular but hey, I'm different, and so is my bike!

G

·
What is a powercard? That's something I never heard of? The 14 tooth counter is a great mod. I can help you do it if needed.

The BMC, is that re-usable?

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My understanding is both Green and BMC are able to clean and oil. Powercard is designed by a guy that helped build the Powercommander. DesmoTimes stands by it,that is... says it works... good enough for me

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, and I also ordered an open sprocket cover, and case saver insert. It should help keep the sprocket area clean and safe. Haven't heard back from Green, so BMC might be getting the call.

G

·
Speaking of mods...I think I'm addicted to carbon fiber. I picked up a 1/2 carbon fiber clutch cover and it blends so well with the rest of the CF. I think I see a CF tank in my future! :D

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does yours go Bling Bling instead of Vroom Vroom?[cheeky]

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got all my new stuff in the mail. Now I just need to clean up the garage a bit and spend a couple of nights there! This should completely change my launch [thumbsup]

·
Registered
346 Posts
prince_ruben said:
Speaking of mods...I think I'm addicted to carbon fiber. I picked up a 1/2 carbon fiber clutch cover and it blends so well with the rest of the CF. I think I see a CF tank in my future! :D
I know exactly what you mean...if you only knew what other projects I am working on in that department ;D. People think I am crazy but I believe anything is possible.

Remember Carbon is to a Ducati's as Chrome is to a Harley

G

·
Zatoichi931 said:
I know exactly what you mean...if you only knew what other projects I am working on in that department ;D. People think I am crazy but I believe anything is possible.

Remember Carbon is to a Ducati's as Chrome is to a Harley
What are you brewing up dog! :eek:

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes , Happy Gobble Day to all!... Mine was everything a DIYer would want. This morning I got the 14T counter-shaft sprocket, case saver insert and open sprocket cover mounted. In the process, I also was able to clean up the rear brake pads, calipers, and disk. After torquing my stuff down and re-tensioning the chain, I had a successful test ride. Damn it's cool. [thumbsup] Nice difference from the stock 15T to my new 14T sprocket. It was noticeable letting out the clutch first time! Now I need time to add my Powercard, open BMC air filter, and change the oil. ;D

G

·
That's cool Kenny, great accomplishment! The 14 tooth interchange has a profound effect on the gearing and torque response, as you should know. Did you use cranberry sauce instead of loctite? [laugh]

R.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Job done!...well kinda for now. I got out to my garage Saturday morning and put some fresh oil in, installed the Powercard, and BMC air filter. Rode it to the Wilco show (where I was working) and it felt and sounded like an improvement. I'll try to get some photos of my new mods up soon. If anyone has questions or needs help w/similar stuff , shout out!

·
Registered
346 Posts
800darkdread said:
What are you brewing up dog! :eek:
Sorry I missed this earlier! You'll see when the paint session starts. No big deal yet really. Just gett'in started mess'in with stuff.

·
Registered
346 Posts
chia said:
Job done!...well kinda for now. I got out to my garage Saturday morning and put some fresh oil in, installed the Powercard, and BMC air filter. Rode it to the Wilco show (where I was working) and it felt and sounded like an improvement. I'll try to get some photos of my new mods up soon. If anyone has questions or needs help w/similar stuff , shout out!
Oh the bug has hit you hard! It's only more from here on out [clap]

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm adding pics, as I'm proud to show my stuff off! ;D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And yes I know what dates the pics say. My camera died, but I revived it by throwing it across the (hotel)room into a wall. I never reset it after that. [thumbsup]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts