Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, for my part in what I'm calling "The Gina Affair", along with a hefty bribe, Norm agreed to make me a couple of special doodads for my bike.

After endless 3d scetches on my part, many an email and some "insert slot 'a' into tab 'b'" instructions from Norm, I finally got these beauties fitted up on my bike.

Pay no attention to the dangling wires, lack of intakes or complete absence of an exhaust system. What can I say, it's hard to find time and motivation to work on your bike with an 11 month old daughter in the house ;D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
*swingarm envy*

you suck [cheeky]

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
those look great ... but now you have to powder coat the frame to match, you know. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Ya know sennaster, that's EXACTLY what I suggested, but he likes it silver. Maybe with some more peer pressure we can get him to do it the way we want it instead of the way he wants it.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
The silver frame w/ the chromo looks awesome, so if anything, it would be interesting to see the swingarm and triple in matching silver

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The plan is to black the engine out, leaving the side covers and fins polished.

Add to that some more blacked out parts on the front (rotor carriers & fork sliders perhaps) I figure that'd tie the black swingarm & triples into the look of the bike a bit better.

So you're all correct, the color match up isn't right, but I'm working on it

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
That swingarm is sick! [thumbsup]

I also want triples to complement my Motomaxy swingarm...need more $$ though! ;)

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
I think that's Norm's best swingarm yet. Love it.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Maybe I should begin a trade in program. [laugh] But, with the size of the tubing involved, that swingarm was a bitch to make.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
You still know how to make some cool stuff Norm! Don't EVER let anyone tell you different.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Norm said:
Maybe I should begin a trade in program. [laugh] But, with the size of the tubing involved, that swingarm was a bitch to make.
The problem is I want them both! Let me know if you find a cheap salvage 900 or preferably 1000 - I'll buy it and commission that bad mutha of a swing arm!!! I can't get over how good that looks, I usually don't get this bent out of shape over parts, but that one does it for me! I've never liked the hoop style rear suspension though! I need a bike after they finished with that jazz.

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
<evil genius hat on>

DM, that stuff looks awful. Just terrible. There's no way it should be on a bike as pretty and shiny as yours. You MUST take it off immediately or it'll just ruin your monster. In fact, don't have it anywhere near your bike. Not even in the same house. How's this? Since you're my pal and all, I'll help ya out. I'll take it off your hands for a pittance. mmuuuuuwwwwwahhhhhhaaaaaa. >:D >:D >:D >:D

Norm -- [thumbsup] [clap]

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
aghhhrr Norm!! Why don't you live down here!!?? DAm it. - Chris

ps, DM awerssssoooommmmm..

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Syd-Monster said:
aghhhrr Norm!! Why don't you live down here!!?? DAm it. - Chris

ps, DM awerssssoooommmmm..
Dude, there's always FedEx...

;-)

big (or I could fly over and collect it for you... It'd be good to visit my mate in Atlanta again...)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts