Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done a track day in Millville, NJ? I live in south NJ and would love to take my Monster on the track this spring. If so, what are the details. Do they offer beginners classes? How often are beginner sessions held? What do I need to do to the bike to prepare. I also have a Suzuki SV650 that I may start out on until I gain confidence and skill on a track.

Whether or not anyone is in the NJ area, I'd love info on how track days typically work including costs, how much ahead of time you have to book etc. Thanks.

I have an 1100S that I am modding this winter, will post pics soon.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It is a great track as I found out when I rode on the Thunderbolt circuit last year. Wide, long track. Watch out for the big, decreasing radius turn before the main straight; riders lowsiding there nearly once a session.

To ride your bike there you need to work with a group like this:
Team Pro-Motion
They rent time on the track, coordinate with emergency services, organize other support services (like food), etc. In turn, you buy track time from them. They also run a track school.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Lightening

Been on their Lightening track last year. It's short and fast. Watch out for turn 5 quick elevation change. You're leaned over in a right hand turn over a small hill leading to straight that goes under bridge. You want to get on the gas as quickly as possible, but be sure to wait for your suspension to settle from the negative G's before gassing it or you might high-side. I almost did...

·
Registered
30 Posts
It is a great track as I found out when I rode on the Thunderbolt circuit last year. Wide, long track. Watch out for the big, decreasing radius turn before the main straight; riders lowsiding there nearly once a session.

To ride your bike there you need to work with a group like this:
Team Pro-Motion
They rent time on the track, coordinate with emergency services, organize other support services (like food), etc. In turn, you buy track time from them. They also run a track school.
I have done 10 or so days at NJMP on an 1100, and it's fine...The rearsets are too low, and the bars are too high to be great, so i'ld reccomened changing to woodcraft rearsets and clipons for better positioning

I have NEVER seen anyone down on the triple apex, however the lefthander right after that, and turn 7 (the other left hander), eat people! Turn 1 as well, if you carry too much speed from the straight, can be an issue. Those aren't the bikes fault however.

The 1100 is alittle underpowered on the straights, but you can hang with MOST of the 600 riders up through intermediate group. When in advanced group, they'll pull on you through the straights, and not look back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts