Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,
Jump in if you think you've heard this one before. Got my first bike, '97 750 monster 6,800 miles and never laid down paid $800. Knew it had problems when I picked it up, it ran but sounded like hell. Well I'm currently bartering to have the enginge rebuilt, we'll see how that goes. The current odd's are a 35% chance I'll need a new motor. I've looked around and had no luck finding a motor to fit my bike. Can anyone out there give me a suggestion on where to find the engine i need or another engine that will work for me?
Aleph

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Throw a 900 engine of similar vintage in that pup. It will fit and there are probably a lot more of them.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
I happen to know that Chris Kelley has an M900 motor from a 1997. Don't know if he would consider selling it, though.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm...
900 sounds fun : ) Is there any thing tricky to fitting a 900 in there? I have a friend helping me out with this "operation" hes got a lot of experiance w/ bikes but not w/ Ducs and he's starting to make me nervous, I'm wondering if i'll ever get this bike back together. Thanks for the web site and the info. If i could get some contact info for Chris Kelly it would be much appreciated, maybe I can tempt him into parting with that engine : ) I'm taking the frame into get powder coated if anybody has an opinion on colors to match Duc factory silver lemme hear 'em otherwise I think I'm gonna go w/ good ole flat black. I'll post some pics (if I don't die of old age) when I get done putting her back together. Once again thanks for the help.
Aleph in Orlando FL

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol, it was hard enough not to haul ass everywhere with the small engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts