Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently got the urge for some 2-wheel fun, so after months of research, a lot on this forum and others, I decided to go for it. I passed my permit test a couple of weeks ago, and am booked on a motorcycle safety course.

I've ridden a VERY small amount before on small-ish engined bikes (biggest was a 350cc parallel twin enduro-type) - I'm originally from the UK, so my concept of 'big / small' is probably different to all yours!

Anyway, after looking at a couple of Monsters, and dealing with a few 'interesting' sellers (who seem to think that selling price should be 2x value??? And plenty of 'they all do that'. As well as the 'I spent $500 getting it serviced last year so I wanted to get that back in the sale price') I finally found one priced very well, looked after, serviced well, and with probably the most honest seller I've ever met! (I also came away with a weed whacker for $20, but that's another story)

So, if everything goes to plan, I will be picking up my new toy later this week! It's a 2002 Monster 750 Sie, in grey with red wheels (I think they call it the Senna colour scheme?). Now I just need to find some used high mount Termignoni's for sale...

I'll follow up with pics when I collect the bike!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Get the 900!

I too live in Indiana, and have the M750. Mine is a '97 model. When I was looking for a Monster, my friend insisted to me, "Man, you need to get the 900. You'll get the 750 and two months later, you wish you had gotten the 900." Well, it was probably 4 months later, but he was right. So my advice to you, get the 900...

bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts