Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am new to the forum but not ducs nor other motorcycles(I currently have over 200 bikes-just 5 ducs though). I have a 916 I bought new in 94, a 996, an st4, a 620ie monster and I just got a s4. I have a question that hopefully someone here can answer...
On the 02 s4 monster and it is missing the instrument cluster. I got it this way, and I cannot get it to start. I have the red key and the two black keys, and the code card. Now my question is this, I need to get a cluster of course, but I have been told three different things. One that you have to have a new cluster the old ecu will not work with a used cluster from another bike(without the ecu and ignition and keys), two that you can get a used cluster and with the red key you can "program" the new-used cluster, three that you have to send the used cluster, ecu, and ignition and keys off to someone who can program it-I have been told everywhere from 350.00-500.00. Any definitive answer on this problem? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone! Im new to the forum, looking to purchase my first Duc.. Ive been really liking the look of the monster and hope to own own within the next few months.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts