Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who didn't catch my post in the General forum, I'm one of the noobs here and thought I'd introduce myself. 29 (just shy of 30), live in Chandler, but work as a funeral director in Scottsdale. Been riding on and off for about 12 years. Started on a couple different 250s, my favorite of which was a Ninja 250 (which I always tell people is one of the best starter bikes you can get), then moved up to a Yamaha YZF600r. Had that bike for about 4 years, but didn't put many miles on it. Great bike for what it was, but over the years the Ducati bug just dug its way deeper and deeper into my soul... So I took the plunge.

Picked up a 07 S2R 800 from Arizona Superbike here in Chandler. Got a good deal on my trade-in, and was very pleased with the guys there. If any of you guys are on here, I appreciate all your help yesterday.

Anyway, I'm definately interested in joining any rides that might happen to fit my schedule. Unfortunately, my schedule isn't quite regular, given the line of work I'm in... But generally I'm available for Fridays and Saturdays.

Forgive me in advance for any dumb questions I might ask- I'm here to learn as much as possible and pick as many brains as I can. ;)

·
Registered
975 Posts
Welcome! Hope to see you out on a ride sometime...

·
Registered
975 Posts
Are either of you guys going on the New Year's day ride to Tortilla Flats? It's going to be a slow cruise due to all the bikes and traffic expected, but it sounds ike a lot of the local Ducati people will be out there, so a good way to meet some of us...

·
Registered
384 Posts
I sent you a PM yesterday, right? congrats on the bike!!! you will definately have to join us on a couple of rides. I will be getting my bike back soon (little spill >:D) Hope to see you soon.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone.

I am thinking about making the ride on the 1st, but it's going to depend on a couple of different factors: whether I'm over my cold enough by then (hacking up really nasty stuff today), whether I have to be on-call that day for work, and whether I have a hangover from the night before. ;) But I figure even if I don't make this one, there will always be more coming up (I hope).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts