Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
glad to be a part of this forum! Im new to Ducati, picked up a 2012 1100 EVO a few months ago, decked out with some tasteful mods. Iv been really happy with it. Just wish my state had twister roads.

my only complaint is seat comfort (after about 45min of riding). Iv read the many posts regarding aftermarket seats and am hoping to find a used Sargent (low) or DP Low (im 5'8" 145lbs)

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Welcome. Very nice bike to pick up. Anyway to make the pictures larger. So small. Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have the same bike and am also 145 lbs and close to 5’8”. Give the stock seat a little more time. I’ve ridden the bike for hundreds of miles and it is actually pretty comfortable. It is day and night compared to my old 696. It is similar to the DP comfort seat I had for my 696. Sargent has less padding and is a little harder.
Love the bike! Great handling and torque! Up in Boston and took it to Palmer for non sports bike day a couple of weekends ago

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dankatz
thanks for the advice on the seat. Ill stick with it for a while. I added tank pads to help from sliding forward so much and it seems to help. Iv always wanted to try a track day, one of these days ill talk myself into it. How was the experience? would you recommend it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts