Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I'd just like to say Hi and that I'm the proud new owner of a 696. Got it Saturday and I'm loving it.

And, now to the meat of my post. The silver info stickers all over the beautiful frame; are those legally allowed to be removed? And if so, what is the best way to remove them?

Thanks yall,
Bart

·
Registered
145 Posts
I got rid of mine, I pulled them off gently and stuck them on the inside of the manual. Welcome to the group and owning a 696. I got mine back in Aug and love it more and more everyday.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys, thanks much. Can't wait to take them off then. Good ideas on relocating them.
And ya, I love love love this bike. It's still in the break in period, so I haven't yet seen it's potential. Well, I've seen it's corning. Tires are scrubbed to the edges almost now. but still have 350 +/- to go before the 600 mile service. I'm looking forward to seeing what it has to offer past 6k rpm.

Any tips on washing and detailing it? Anyone else kick their turn signal when mounting/dismounting?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Any tips on washing and detailing it? Anyone else kick their turn signal when mounting/dismounting?
My rear turn signals were kicked off a long time ago. :(

As for cleaning, I've waxed my tank a few times (I like Maguires brand), but I don't use anything on the tires. I do, however, spray some degreaser on a rag and get the brake dust off the rims and the grease off from near the chain.

One of the best things you can do is clean your chain with Chain Wax. Here's a DIY video -- http://www.ca-cycleworks.com/videos/

I guess that's more maintenance, than detailing, but it's all good.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yeah, get rid of the stickers. Simply use a hot hair dryer to heat them up and they will peel right off. I pasted mine under the seat. You can clean-up any excess glue with Adhesive remover. I use lots of Windex to clean my bike, especially the wheels.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I took *all* my stickers off and trashed them. There isn't anything I care about on the stickers that isn't in the shop manual. You can use goo gone or any citrus based goo remover and then a mild degreaser. I bought a bike not a bunch of stickers!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great link. Thanks again y'all. Stickers are coming off as soon as I get home. I can't help but look forward to the look on my wifes face as I walk past her into the garage with her hair dryer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys, thanks much. Can't wait to take them off then. Good ideas on relocating them.
And ya, I love love love this bike. It's still in the break in period, so I haven't yet seen it's potential. Well, I've seen it's corning. Tires are scrubbed to the edges almost now. but still have 350 +/- to go before the 600 mile service. I'm looking forward to seeing what it has to offer past 6k rpm.

hahaha yeah you're in good company i kicked one of mine off too, i felt like a total loser when i did. I was able to re-attach it with some super liquid that my girlfriend's mom had around. I'm not too upset about it though because im planning on buying a fender eliminator and nicer signals.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Kicked my signal light off after month. And from what I hear thats pretty good. ditto on the fender eliminator and signals. I ended up using a two part epoxy.

I asked the ducati dealer about new parts and he let me know that almost ALL the monsters that they didn't put the eliminator on kicked their light off. Should have listened to the sales department when I bought it.

09 M1100

·
Registered
145 Posts
Since their are so many new folks on here I just wanted to say hi!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just wanted to say hello. I got a 99 City 900 this weekend and love it. It needs a little work; anyone know of anywhere local for used parts for an older bike?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts