Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finallly joined the club! Earlier today I took delivery of a brand-spanking-new Monster 695 (black/red frame). This is my first motorcycle. Took the MSF course a couple of weeks ago and completed the M1 this morning. Headed to the dealer directly from the DMV and signed a big fat check. I'll need to wait until the weekend to actually RIDE it, but I'm sure it won't disappoint - looks great and sounds great, that's for sure. This is a huge day for me!!!!!

BK

·
Registered
310 Posts
Congrats on the bike, I have the same one. If you are in SF area, we are a rare breed. It is a great bike. I already threw in tons on mods, I am totally addicted.

Enjoy!!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I too am in SF and just got my M695 (matte black) last week... second bike... am pretty happy with it... in love with the sound and the way it handles compared to my old bike. It's running a little lean for my tastes... let me know if you experience anything similar... someone on this list said it's common to the new 695s and S2R 800s... I'm curious if you experience it, too.
Congrats on the new bike, and if you see me riding around the city (black dainese jacket, rev'it textile pants, blue scorpion helmet), be sure to wave [thumbsup].

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
BK_856er said:
I finallly joined the club! Earlier today I took delivery of a brand-spanking-new Monster 695 (black/red frame). This is my first motorcycle. Took the MSF course a couple of weeks ago and completed the M1 this morning. Headed to the dealer directly from the DMV and signed a big fat check. I'll need to wait until the weekend to actually RIDE it, but I'm sure it won't disappoint - looks great and sounds great, that's for sure. This is a huge day for me!!!!!

BK
Cool! I test rode the 695 and it was really nice. The clutch was so much better than my old M620.
[thumbsup]
Enjoy & be safe!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Welcome, New Rider. Great choice for a new beginner's bike.

Be careful! She's faster than you think...

...and Have Fun.

LJB 8)

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
I did the same thing when I got mine. Take it easy for a while and get used to the bike and it will reward you. I am just over 2500 miles and loving it. Bring some photos and remove the stickers and fork reflectors. Then remove the huge license plate bracket and you will be set...for now.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Welcome to your new home. Big community of 695 owners here so dont be afraid to ask whatever is on your mind. More than likely weve asked before or already did it.

Alex

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone,

Picked up my Monster 695 last week here in Omaha and have really been impressed with the bike. I'm old.48...and this is my 5th bike. Started with a Kaw KZ400, then Suzuki GT550, Suzuki GS850, and then a Honda ACE 750. My first sport-type bike and I'll never go back...it's just damn fun!!!

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks again, guys. It's great to have an enthusiastic welcome and good to knwo where I can turn for info and support. When I woke up today I had a bit of buyers remorse and was wondering if I should have gone for the S2R, but this IS my first bike and then reading the comments above and admiring the 695 in the garage just now.....I did the right thing for sure. Got to get some miles on it! ;D

BK

·
Registered
544 Posts
Congrats on your 695. Since it is your first bike let me make one thing abundantly clear.

gear! GEAR! GEAR!

Sorry. I have to type that because that was my mistake after I bought mine. I almost had it right, just skimped on the jacket armor :p

Enjoy! [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
10-4 on the gear. [thumbsup] Before I even took the MSF course I bought an Arai helmet, Alpinestars leather pants and jacket with armor (upgraded with a T-pro back protector insert), Sidi boots and HighEnd gloves. Now I'm thinking about some protection for the Monster, like frame sliders. Just took out the insurance and it'll kick in at 12:01AM tomorrow. Everything is coming together. Hoping for a dry winter...

BK

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.