Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Magnus, you are outa control! Just put the checkbook down...

Seriously though, the bike's looking great. Where did you get that black cover for the oil cooler? I've been looking to do the same thing myself.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's funny, my wife keeps saying the same thing!

It's a Rizoma oil cooler cover... picked it up from Motowheels. Available in black or silver... I got a Rizoma suspension arch at the same time... hard to see in the pic.

There's no stopping my disease now... it's terminal. Just picked up a set of TiN coated Superbike forks on ebay, which means I'll soon be selling my Cycle Cat bar risers and upper triple clamp since I'll need the 53mm versions instead.

H

·
0 Posts
I'll take the top clamp off your hands when your ready. I need one to replace mine since the clip-ons.
What's the story behind the lights? They look "bright".

·
Registered
109 Posts
now you gotta pull the fairing. or better yet, find one that blends into those lights ;D it doesnt look right with the little lights and the fairing with the bottom cut for your single light

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
those are projector beams... four of them. it's hard to see the upper two in that pic. i know alot of people don't like the look, but i do... i picked it up off a guy who was parting out his bike.

i'm not likely to pull the fairing since i just put it on. ;)

here's a better view...

·
Registered
109 Posts
looks better from the front

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
I like the look of those lights... where can I get some?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hahahahaaaaaa! That poor triple clamp just can't find a permanent home......
By the way....that brake fluid looks really black....I'm sure you need to buy a mighy vac bleeder also.... ;D
yeah, poor little guy! through no fault of his own, he's a good little triple clamp.

you're right about the brake fluid... i just picked up a mighty vac a few weeks ago when i had to reposition the rear brake master cyclinder and install the yoyo clutch slave. front brakes are next!

damn, you guys don't miss anything....

·
Registered
584 Posts
Mag: Installation details and specs, please. Thinking of doing something similar, though likely with two beams. Looks damn fine, though.
dion

·
Registered
13 Posts
Beautiful!! I was wanting to do something similar with projection lights. How did you wire the lights together? Any problems blowing fuses?

Tim

·
Registered
33 Posts
Magnus
Nice looking bike! 8) What are the details of the clutch cover, where does the red come into play. I have been wanting to do a red cover on my '03, red and grey, 1000sie.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The story on the lights... I bought them (and the fairing) off a guy who's bike is pictured in the members section, although I don't believe he's a member on this board... someone snapped a pic of the bike parked somewhere. It's a '94 yellow 900 that he was selling and parting out.

Anyway, he fabricated the custom bracket based on the Ducati Performance headlights bracket. Installation of the bracket was easy.. had to remove the u-bracket, headlight bracket, and turn signals. The lights themselves are projector driving lights (yellow tint for the low beams and bright white for the high beams) that are readily available in auto parts stores. He's a phone tech and ex-moto mechanic so the wiring is very well done... plugged right into the standard connector.

Only two lights are on at a time (either lows or highs) since having all four on could burn up the stator, and are operated with the standard controls.

I've only had them on a week but the bike turns alot of heads... I really like the look. If anyone is interested in the exact wiring diagram I could supply that... send me an IM. The more difficult part would be the bracket.

Syvan- i'll post a pic or two of the arch soon... i know you were thinking of getting one also.

MonsterRumbling- thanks.. the clutch cover is made by Rizoma and has a plexiglass window. The red you see is the STM pressure plate, another easy mod as long as you have a replacement clutch throwout bearing. It would look good on your bike... I'm not sure about it on mine since there is no red anywhere else. And it clashes with the yellow coil spring. :eek:

Cycle Cat makes some nice clutch pressure plates and clutch covers... or, to save $ you could have the stock pressure plate powdercoated and cut up your clutch cover if you have any metal working skills, which I don't.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Dion... what were you thinking of doing? I saw a pic somewhere of a two light projector setup on a monster... vertical, one on top of the other. That looked pretty trick... and the bracket would be easier to fabricate.

What do you think of the fairing, by the way? I'm going to run with it for awhile, but it really makes no difference in terms of the wind, even on the highway. I sort of like the look, but my gut tells me to rip it off....

A

·
0 Posts
D*mn you Mag! ;) I found that Monster on Ebay too. I wanted those headlights! Does look really good on your bike though, I must say! The original bike had that aweful yellow frame. :-/ Lot of nice mods though!

A

·
0 Posts
Mag..don't remove the fairing!! It looks good just like that..looks like Star Wars character or a ship. A small Buell fairing might look good on it also if you think that stock is too big.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
What are ya gonna do with your old forks, and are they adjustable? I have this burning desire to upgrade something (come to think of it, that desire never goes away) and tha forks are probably the weekest point now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts