Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure like me, a lot of you have seen the Icon helmets and have been intrigued by the cool flat finishes and what not. I went to the bike shop last weekend and they had 3 or 4 different ones. Very cool looking in person! I put them on and was immediately turned off by the padding. It was horrible! Rather than feeling like on giant padding around your face, it felt like little round sections all over your cheeks (if that makes any sense). I know it's all personal preference, and I don't mean to tick off any icon helmet users in the forum but that's just my 2 cents.

G

·
I love my ICON!!
Fits Great, I can wear It all day!
One of the few companies that has dual density protection for both high speed and low speed impacts!

G

·
I'm not sure if there are different models from Icon with different padding arrangements or styles, but I bought mine back in August and love it. Very comfy, reasonably quiet, not too heavy, Snell approved. Pretty much all the bells and whistles for relatively little dinero. But different head and face shapes will need different helmets, that's why it's important to try on as many as you can before you lay down your hard-earned cash. Clearly the Icon isn't for you, but I wouldn't deter anyone else from trying one.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Didn't mean to put down any Icon helmet lovers. I have the timax gloves and I swear by them. I was dissappointed my wierd head didn't take to the helmet. Didn't mean to put anyone down. I think Icon makes some real great stuff. Unfortuantley the helmets padding wasn't right for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts