Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there is interest in starting a ride to New Hope PA this weekend, I decided to go ahead and start a thread. I propose that we meet up in New Hope for breakfast on Sunday morning and then ride from there. Sound like a plan?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahaha...noted. It is interesting that I am literally a rocket scientist and yet cannot read a calendar [laugh]

·
Registered
454 Posts
damnit. im originally from lansdale (north wales) pa. now i live in california but i would love to take my new s2r around 611 through newhope. and devils acre... is that what its called? devils backyard? i cant remember. but it was a cool ride in my car! i can only imagine on my bike!

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
CliveS2R said:
damnit. im originally from lansdale (north wales) pa. now i live in california but i would love to take my new s2r around 611 through newhope. and devils acre... is that what its called? devils backyard? i cant remember. but it was a cool ride in my car! i can only imagine on my bike!
used to be called devils playground or devils potato patch back in the day.

and yeah, i'm down for riding to new hope, although i've always been a fan of getting there in the afternoon to chill and have lunch and a drink at havanna's. there's great scenery there on warm days, but being that its now october, all the betties will be sporting thick wool sweaters and what not. either way, i'm in!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey HyperM3, you had mentioned a good place to get pancakes around New Hope?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was thinking of meeting maybe around 9:30-10 and getting some good pancakes and then hitting the road for some good old riding around northern bucks.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
there's ways around the detours, and the're pertty cool super narrow creek running roads up and down the hill sides with some killer scenery. just follow me to New Hope!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay so people seem cool with New Hope as a meeting place...now onto the hard part. Where do we want to ride to and where do we all want to meet in New Hope?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
DrFatz said:
Hey HyperM3, you had mentioned a good place to get pancakes around New Hope?
Actually it was Doylstown, and every server is of the female persuasion. Im pretty sure this is the one:

B Maxwell's Restaurant
37 N Main St, Doylestown, PA
215-348-1027

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
OT said:
Closed as in 'can't get through at all' (like the bridge is out...) or closed but can be picked through on a bike?
Dunno, I was in the cage last week when I hit it. It's a short detour. Only the very north end of 32 for a few miles before it hits 611 is out of commission.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
DesmosDromos said:
Dunno, I was in the cage last week when I hit it. It's a short detour. Only the very north end of 32 for a few miles before it hits 611 is out of commission.
You are correct Dave, its detoured in Lumberville and its not more than 3 miles closed.
The detour is pretty straightforward and fun.

Hyper, i like the idea of meeting in Doylestown actually, then we can ride around for a while and end up in New Hope for lunch. Where's the spot in D-town?
Fatz, you down for meeting for breakfast in D-town?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sodark said:
You are correct Dave, its detoured in Lumberville and its not more than 3 miles closed.
The detour is pretty straightforward and fun.

Hyper, i like the idea of meeting in Doylestown actually, then we can ride around for a while and end up in New Hope for lunch. Where's the spot in D-town?
Fatz, you down for meeting for breakfast in D-town?
Of course! D-Town is closer to me then New Hope, besides if I recall correctly (this time [cheeky]) Hyper said that they have chocolate chip pancakes!

D-Town for brekie and then New Hope for lunch. Sounds like a plan to me [thumbsup]

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
oh hell yeah, but i will warn you, lunch with me consists of drinking Heineken and smiling and making comments about every betty that walks by... ;)
...nah, i'm not really that bad

1 - 20 of 114 Posts