Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you're new to this board/group, take a moment and tell us a bit about yourself. If you just got a monster, have had one for years, or are just thinking about getting one someday, it's all good.

Welcome to the SF MOB!

·
Registered
9 Posts
HEY! I should've been paying better attention! I just posted to the "NEW TO THIS LIST" thread a little further down...oh well! I'm Ollie from San Jose, been riding a while and now the proud owner of a 2003 M620 dark ie. [thumbsup]

See you all on the road!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've been lurking around for a few weeks and made a few comments. I'm Heather from San Jose and have been riding since August. I now have a 2000m 750. I teach school (that's MIDDLE SCHOOL) So I'm a bit nuts >:D. Can't wait for winter break. Next week I may have to feel sick one day so I can go snowboarding [thumbsup].

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Like most, I too have been a lurker for a while now. I am a long time biker (OK, an old fart) and at one time or another have ridden or owned just about every brand of motorcycle. But never a Ducati.

I always considered myself a sport bike rider but after getting hitched a few years back the BMW K100 got traded for a Goldwing. The wing is great for touring vacations with my wife but its thrill quotient leaves a lot to be desired on a twisty road. Years ago, I took a turn on a friends Ducati and flat fell in love with it. Have wanted one bad ever since. I've been bugging the wife for years now about "someday I am going to get a Ducati" and well, the day is finally here. I am going down to the dealer tommorow morning to talk price.

I have my eye on a nice red '07 S4rs. It makes me want to drool just thinking about it. The dealer is sure to notice the glazed look in my eyes when I stare at that bike which will shoot my bargaining position all to hell. Oh, well, boys and their toys ya know. I just HAVE to have it!

I am a South Bay guy. I live up in the Santa Cruz mountains 'bout half way between Santa Cruz and Los Gatos. Home is just off of Summit Road. I hope to meet some of the folks on this board soon (weather and temperature permitting) and hook up for rides. I am no hot shoe but "novice" would not describe me either. I won't be competition for anyone but have never been the slowest one in a large group. Anyway, just want to have some fun and good times.

Wish me luck on that bike purchase. I'll need it.

John

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey John, welcome to the board - I know what you mean about the "drool factor" and the S4Rs. That is one helluva bike. And what a great place to own one, in the Santa Cruz mountains. Sounds like a little slice 'o heaven to me. I hope to see you at Zeitgeist sometime, or one of the Ducati bike nights that pop up like mushrooms around the bay.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Reddymon said:
Like most, I too have been a lurker for a while now. I am a long time biker (OK, an old fart) and at one time or another have ridden or owned just about every brand of motorcycle. But never a Ducati.

I always considered myself a sport bike rider but after getting hitched a few years back the BMW K100 got traded for a Goldwing. The wing is great for touring vacations with my wife but its thrill quotient leaves a lot to be desired on a twisty road. Years ago, I took a turn on a friends Ducati and flat fell in love with it. Have wanted one bad ever since. I've been bugging the wife for years now about "someday I am going to get a Ducati" and well, the day is finally here. I am going down to the dealer tommorow morning to talk price.

I have my eye on a nice red '07 S4rs. It makes me want to drool just thinking about it. The dealer is sure to notice the glazed look in my eyes when I stare at that bike which will shoot my bargaining position all to hell. Oh, well, boys and their toys ya know. I just HAVE to have it!

I am a South Bay guy. I live up in the Santa Cruz mountains 'bout half way between Santa Cruz and Los Gatos. Home is just off of Summit Road. I hope to meet some of the folks on this board soon (weather and temperature permitting) and hook up for rides. I am no hot shoe but "novice" would not describe me either. I won't be competition for anyone but have never been the slowest one in a large group. Anyway, just want to have some fun and good times.

Wish me luck on that bike purchase. I'll need it.

John
Good luck!

Oh, and I think most people will second a recommendation of Hattar Moto in San Rafael. Most of us avoid that other shop in San Francisco for a variety of reasons ;D

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Michael Moore said:
Hey John, welcome to the board - I know what you mean about the "drool factor" and the S4Rs. That is one helluva bike. And what a great place to own one, in the Santa Cruz mountains. Sounds like a little slice 'o heaven to me. I hope to see you at Zeitgeist sometime, or one of the Ducati bike nights that pop up like mushrooms around the bay.
Thank you for the welcome Michael. I did write the check for the bike today but delivery will occur in abought ten days after some dealer mods. I will make a point of going to Zeitgeist some time. I have heard alot about it but have never actually been there.

John

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
desmoquattro said:
Good luck!

Oh, and I think most people will second a recommendation of Hattar Moto in San Rafael. Most of us avoid that other shop in San Francisco for a variety of reasons ;D
I have bought from Moto Italiano in Santa Cruz. I did not see feedback either pro or con in the forums so I started with the dealer closest to me. We shall see how that works out but so far I have enjoyed working with Scott and the whole shop seems to be friendly and enthusiast oriented.

John

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
i'm not NEW new, but i'm new enough perhaps to post here. i've got a good amount of posts under my name, but i don't think many people know me. i went to the last tech day and met a few people there and tend to see a number of monsters around the bay... many more than i can put a face to. i live in Berkeley, work in redwood city, and tend to ride the monster exclusively. november was my one year mark for riding motorcycles and i've put just over 9000 miles down on the road. i'll be at the next tech day whenever it rolls around.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hi,
New kid on this block, have been hanging around the DML for several months, trying to make trouble but now I want to become part of the MOB. I have ridden dirt most of my life and after several attempts at self mutilation via downhill mountain bike racing, I have decided to go the safer route. So, I went out and got a liter bike and immediately took it to the track for a few days - way coooollll!! Most of my friends ride rice rockets, so I would like to hook up for some rides with other euro-snobs. Today had a nice ride up hwy 9 and onto woodside via skyline superhighway. I saw an Tigre at the jiffy mart, thank god I left my rodesian ridgeback at home - could have been ugly! Will attempt to use the black arts of picture sizing to alert you which bike and helmet to look out for.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
1fstfreride said:
Hi,
New kid on this block, have been hanging around the DML for several months, trying to make trouble but now I want to become part of the MOB. I have ridden dirt most of my life and after several attempts at self mutilation via downhill mountain bike racing, I have decided to go the safer route. So, I went out and got a liter bike and immediately took it to the track for a few days - way coooollll!! Most of my friends ride rice rockets, so I would like to hook up for some rides with other euro-snobs. Today had a nice ride up hwy 9 and onto woodside via skyline superhighway. I saw an Tigre at the jiffy mart, thank god I left my rodesian ridgeback at home - could have been ugly! Will attempt to use the black arts of picture sizing to alert you which bike and helmet to look out for.
Cool bike! Welcome!

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
As Dan said, it's nice to see some SoBay folks. Hope to see some of you guys/gals at the South Bay Ducati meets on the 2nd Mondays of every month. I'll let John C post-up his usual invite for that one.

·
Registered
876 Posts
sidrock said:
As Dan said, it's nice to see some SoBay folks. Hope to see some of you guys/gals at the South Bay Ducati meets on the 2nd Mondays of every month. I'll let John C post-up his usual invite for that one.
r u calling me a post whore? [cheeky]

hey, you are NEVER going to let me live down that air freshener comment, are you? >:D

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Greetings DML'rs,

I'm Bill Collins on the Peninsula in Menlo Park. My handle is Black Eagle on the DML (Ti Member).
I ride an '07 black S4Rs (Aquila Nera, you'll figure it out.) I ride throughout the Santa Cruz Mtns. and
roads south. I usually stop by Hwy. 35 & 84 on Sunday afternoons to converse with fellow riders.
I enjoy track days at Thunderhill and Laguna Seca and follow the MotoGP/WSB season with a passion.
My Monster is the best motorcycle I have ever owned; I have owned a few. Aquila Nera shares her
garage with an '01 KTM LC640 Duke II (Red Duke aka Bad Boy). They co-habitate nicely.
I have posted this before but I just wanted to thank all the knowledgeble members of the DML who so generously share their experiences and knowledge with the rest of us. The DML is partially responsible for the positive feedback and comments I receive about my bike. Thanks everyone! [thumbsup]

Personal Monster sighting at 35/84 intersection: Pearl White S4Rs, nice bike!

Don't forget, it's about the RIDE. ;D

Bill

1 - 20 of 109 Posts