Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys
so i've got a ducati monster 620 and the bars are bent from a crash. basically i just need to know that apart from a stock one what can i look at? after a bit of looking around it seems that pretty much everyone puts risers on but i was thinking more along the lines of making them lower, like with motocross style bars etc. and was wondering what spec bars i need like width, diameter, everything really. i have experience with mechanics but only with cars and more specifically racecars (although the racecars do have aircooled yammy engines).
if anyone has any tips regarding installing the bars etc. or has info on where to find them etc. it would be greatly appreciated. i'm from canberra australia if that helps. if i've left anything out in my search for some bars please let me know.
cheers
jed

·
Registered
635 Posts
hey guys
so i've got a ducati monster 620 and the bars are bent from a crash. basically i just need to know that apart from a stock one what can i look at? after a bit of looking around it seems that pretty much everyone puts risers on but i was thinking more along the lines of making them lower, like with motocross style bars etc. and was wondering what spec bars i need like width, diameter, everything really. i have experience with mechanics but only with cars and more specifically racecars (although the racecars do have aircooled yammy engines).
if anyone has any tips regarding installing the bars etc. or has info on where to find them etc. it would be greatly appreciated. i'm from canberra australia if that helps. if i've left anything out in my search for some bars please let me know.
cheers
jed
if you want them lower, get a top triple to use with clip ons or get the Rizoma top triple with clip-ons.

Some manufacturers for triples are: SpeedyMoto, Rizoma, if lucky you might find some Cycle Cat or just visit the forum sponsors.

Me, want to keep the bar but replace stock triples with SpeedyMoto's ones that include the riser and then install a Rizoma 22/29mm bar in black. And just buy the Rizoma clip ons for pleasure.

Try moving this post to "Accessories and Mods"

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey guys
cheers
jed
Hi I am from Canberra are you a local member of the cddc i live north side drop me a line and maybe go for a blast . I am looking for someone to tag along to Oran Pk 22 Nov to see the re run of the Castrol 6 hr

cya
Pete

·
Registered
44 Posts
Almost any 7/8 bar will fit. Check out "motorcycle handlebars" on e-bay. If U paymore than $35, U must not like your hard earned money.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Get some renthal streetfighters.
Renthals are arguably the best bars made, come in a variety of "Bends" and colors.
The streetfighters is there line for naked bikes and a bit of color from a black/red/blue/Ti/Gold set of bars will add a bit of flavor. www.renthal.com will have a nice sheet that shows the bends detailing the dimensions and giving color options. Then do a search online to find best price or call the local dealer. Most any motorcycle dealer can order the renthals as all of the distributors they buy parts from handle them.

The 620 bars are the standard 7/8" as mentioned previously vs the oversized bulge bars like on the S2R/S4R/Hypermotards.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Get some renthal streetfighters.
Renthals are arguably the best bars made, come in a variety of "Bends" and colors.
The 620 bars are the standard 7/8" as mentioned previously vs the oversized bulge bars like on the S2R/S4R/Hypermotards.
Yeap, I got mine at Dennis Kirk in TiGrey...Awesome bar, it stood up to a low side accident on January... not bent at all!!!

motolocopat,
"Italian streetbikes, Japanese dirtbikes, American Trucks, Cars V8 rear drive, Steaks Medium Rare, Wine Red ", I do agree with you on most of the things, but, what about women?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah thanks for the help guys, really appreciate it. i think i might get some of those renthal bars, look pretty sweet.
and nah not a memeber of cddc, canberra desmo ducati club i'm guessing? not much of a club sorta person really, and the bike is actually mums anyway haha. might be keen to go on a club ride one day though, do they do them often? i'm northside too, gunners.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
motolocopat,
"Italian streetbikes, Japanese dirtbikes, American Trucks, Cars V8 rear drive, Steaks Medium Rare, Wine Red ", I do agree with you on most of the things, but, what about women?
I like all tanned little senoritas with skinny leg and big boobies that jiggle when they walk and giggle when they talk. non spitters... sort of like the one in my sig

·
Registered
635 Posts
I like all tanned little senoritas with skinny leg and big boobies that jiggle when they walk and giggle when they talk. non spitters... sort of like the one in my sig
I agree... Plenty of those down here...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts