Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Ducati Monster 750
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ciao,
I am a new member and a proud owner of an 18k 1999 Ducati Monster 750. This is my first Italian bike which has been long in coming, since I am Italian. Anyway, the bike has been sitting for a while and I have to revive it. Where are the best places to get gaskets, parts, etc.? It looks like a pretty straightforward machine, and I really am looking forward to riding this beauty.
thanks
NY Bob

·
Registered
'13 Monster 796 ABS
30 Posts
Welcome aboard, Bob. Listed below some first references, may help you get started. Note: I'm new to the community myself and don't have experience with some of the resources below; fortunately, they've got plenty of street cred here. In general you'd do great searching these forums.

If you're based in the US:
Manuals:
  • Ducati service manual: Sorry, I don't have a copy of this for your bike. Best bet would be to dig around these forums or the web.
  • Haynes: A go-to third-party repair manual. Not sure they offer one specifically for your bike, though the ones for the other bikes may be helpful. (Your bike's generation, 2-valve.)
  • LT Snyder: The other go-to manual.
Haynes and LT Snyder supplement the official service manual well, although I'm not sure I'd use them as substitutes. May be worthwhile to get as many of these resources as possible if you're serious about wrenching on your bike.

N.B. Careful with torque specs especially in the official manuals. They unfortunately have the odd typo which can prove costly. It's worth doublechecking and cross-referencing specs with other places—Haynes, LT Snyder, these forums, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts