Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
No, once everything is out of the way, its a rubber strap and the two battery terminals as on your '95. I think it actually had more to do with the issues they were having with Ethanol in the fuel we have these days. At that time, '09, finding tank material that was plastic, ethanol resistant AND could be painted to a good standard was difficult. Hence the tank covers. Had they stuck with steel or aluminium it would have been as simple as it used to be but MUCH more expensive to produce as the tank continues und the rider's seat. Or it would have been a MUCH smaller capacity tank.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hey guys, thanks again for all your responses! That does sound like a bit of a pain to get to the battery! But if you really like the Monster, I suppose its a small price to pay once every few years :p.
I think I've decided on the 1100.
Now I just need to decide on whether to go for the older 1100 S with the dry clutch and olins suspension, or the newer 1100 EVO with the wet clutch! I should probably start a new thread about that though.

·
Registered
2020 Monster 797+
11 Posts
Just my $.02. I have a 797 and have also rode a 1100 Evo. I love the 797 but do wish it had a little more power(20ish more?). It's plenty fast to be fun but it doesn't give you that butterflies in the stomach feeling you'd expect from a 800cc sportbike, I'm sure you understand coming from a bigger bike. I used to have a CBR1100xx that would still scare me until the day I sold it. The 1100 Evo is my favorite bike that I've ever ridden. I could not stop giggling the whole time I rode that thing and one of these days I'd love to have one. I'd gladly give up the 797 for one of those.

·
Registered
2012 Monster 1100 EVO -- 1991 Honda Nighthawk 750 -- 2011 Monster 796 (wife's)
39 Posts
Just my $.02. I have a 797 and have also rode a 1100 Evo. I love the 797 but do wish it had a little more power(20ish more?). It's plenty fast to be fun but it doesn't give you that butterflies in the stomach feeling you'd expect from a 800cc sportbike, I'm sure you understand coming from a bigger bike. I used to have a CBR1100xx that would still scare me until the day I sold it. The 1100 Evo is my favorite bike that I've ever ridden. I could not stop giggling the whole time I rode that thing and one of these days I'd love to have one. I'd gladly give up the 797 for one of those.
Exactly! I can't stop giggling every time I ride my 1100 Evo! And it is hard to behave.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts