Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if anyone makes a set of decent grips for the monster. I'm putting on a set of clip-ons and figured while I was taking everything apart I'd replace those and the bar ends as well. Was considering the Rizomas' but after reading about all the problems with fitting them, figured it wasn't worth the headache. Other options?

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
i haven't gotten them for the monster yet, but i've always been partial to spider grips. they're thin, grippy, and seem like they actually do absorb vibration/shock.

www.spidergrips.com

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
I've used Pro-Grips (sportbike gels RVGS 719) and Rizomas.

I like the Pro-Grips alot better. Super comfortable, they cut out alot of vibration and only $11. I kept the Rizomas just for show, for any riding over an 2 hours they suck. The rubber grip part was always deformed on mine from twisting, and since they are aluminum they don't help with vibration obviously.

my .02
-michelle

·
Banned
1,235 Posts
Industrial_Grrrl said:
I've used Pro-Grips (sportbike gels RVGS 719) and Rizomas.

I had the same ones on my SV and plan to mount them on the monster when the time comes. They do cut a lot of vibration.

Q

·
Registered
241 Posts
+1 on the Pro-Grips (plus you can get them in red / black combo).

Ken

·
Registered
241 Posts
FWIW, I picked mine up at the local bike shop for about $15. They seem to be pretty common.

Ken

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Industrial_Grrrl said:
I've seen those before on someone's bike and didn't like them. They are very hard plastic, didn't seem comfy at all. But I didn't ride with them, I'm only going by what they looked like in person.
They are hard enough to still give control, but soft enough to lessen the buzz in your hands. I think they are just about right for the riding I do, but then again I wear GP Pro gloves so that might influence my perception of the grips.

Ken

p.s. I've gone with softer grips before on other bikes, usually changing them back out because they deform with use and make me feel like I'm holding a handful of jello. I'd recommend a good pair of gloves to match the grips, as this is a two-part solution to the issue of confort vs. control.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts