Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Have you tried just going without a windscreen? I think the bike looks better that way anyway.
The whole point of buying a naked bike is to not have a bunch of plastic fairings!

I have always found that the 'bikini' fairings that come on some Monsters (in addition to arguably looking worse) mostly serve to divert the wind off your chest, and up to your neck.
I took the fairing off my bike when I bought it, and it actually made riding MORE comfortable for me.

The only way to get a real benefit from a windscreen is to make it 2 feet high.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you tried just going without a windscreen? I think the bike looks better that way anyway.
The whole point of buying a naked bike is to not have a bunch of plastic fairings!

I have always found that the 'bikini' fairings that come on some Monsters (in addition to arguably looking worse) mostly serve to divert the wind off your chest, and up to your neck.
I took the fairing off my bike when I bought it, and it actually made riding MORE comfortable for me.

The only way to get a real benefit from a windscreen is to make it 2 feet high.

i ride without the front 'bikini' now, but i usually ride in all weather (cold/wet/etc). i like having the option of ducking underneath it when it's inclement. the stock bikini definitely causes more problems than it solves when riding upright, but like i said, it's nice to be able to duck behind something when i want to.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
the fairing works for me. without it, my arms feel like they will seperate from their sockets at speeds over 80. i get pretty good protection without doing a serious tuck, but i am pretty short.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I found the stock fairing to be pretty much worthless.... until I put the clip-ons on. You can't tuck behind the fairing with stock bars like you can with the lower bars. Makes a big difference.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
THose are pretty EXPENSIVE!! I have seen Acerbis brand front windscreens that have the streetfighter look the same for $90.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I'm in the no faring camp, I don't like the looks on a Monster...

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree with you guys on this one, I took off my fairing last weekend and noticed no difference.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
went back and forth with the front fairing thing. definitely looks better w/out. didn't notice too much difference with it installed, except that it would act like a sail in windy conditions.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
another bonus of a simple front screen: i installed spareshack dual headlamps last night and had to do some 'creative wiring' with the existing cables that sit behind the headlamp. it would be nice to have something simple there just to cover up the clutter and keep the rain out of it at speed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts