Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i looked down and the piece that has my right foot peg on it is CRACKED all the way through!(right below the foot peg)!!!! As i pondered WTF. I knew you guys would know why it probably happend and a better replacement part. I went riding with someone from this board that got an all new peg setup. Where did ya get em?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Boy, that's bad news, I'd be p!ssed! As Sputnik said, Cyclecat seems to be a popular replacement, but they want lots of $$$, and their quality is said to be the best. If it were me, I think I'd be in touch with the dealer, and I'd be taking the angle that I was really angry about the danger posed by a broken rearset, and that they should replace the rearset, and if they are willing, I'd offer to pay the difference to upgrade to different rearsets (since you don't trust the quality of stock Ducati rearsets). Or if you got lots of money, go and buy the C.C.'s and be happy :)

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Next time don't let your sister ride it! ;) J/K

Get the cycle cats...worth the money I think.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Cchypher - not sure if you were talking about my rearsets - they are Redrace: http://www.redracingparts.com/en/english.htm

I got them with the bike. They are very grippy, and should provide some protection in the very very unlikely event that it ever falls over. Only thing that pees me off about them is that the bolts seem to be looking a little rusty - WTF?!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went to Eastside Motosports and they are gonna charge me 117 dollars for that part. Thats cheaper than buying new ones..... but this could happen again.

Do you guys think it would be a better investment to buy new ones that are made better or just settle for the stock replacement for $117.

$500 or $117? hmmmmm

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to Eastside Motosports and they are gonna charge me 117 dollars for that part. Thats cheaper than buying new ones..... but this could happen again.

Do you guys think it would be a better investment to buy new ones that are made better or just settle for the stock replacement for $117.

$500 or $117? hmmmmm
so they wont warranty them out?

Well, I would spring for the cyclecats. Much more adjustable.

Get the handling package: triple clamps, risers, and clip-on's. Now that is worth the $600 bucks.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like a workmanship warrenty claim to me... What's the deal with those guys?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well_Armed where did you find that setup for 600 bucks.... is that a package?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are we talking about rearsets or clipon/risers/tree?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dp,

is it only 325 for the whole setup or 325 + 395 to make it a complete setup?

CLIP ON's its time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts