Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Are these just concepts? or are they actually going to produce something like this someday? reminds me of that Blue marlin or whatever it was called that aprillia showed at some bike show a few years back... Very Sweet!

S

·
0 Posts
Oh man my wife is going to kill me, another one to add to the garage. Thanks for the post I had no idea they were out there. My freind is one of the owners of Norton America and it looks like this is direct competition. Any idea of the prices?

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you look at the top of the page, there's a survey. Ducati is trying to decide whether or not to produce them, and whether it would be at a price point that the public would be willing to buy them. Take the survey!

I think that I'd be willing to pay about the same price for one of those as I would a M1000 or SS1000. That would mean making them a production bike, not a special edition like the MH900....

Ducati finally has a new clubs coordinator in place. Maybe we should do a poll or a petition and forward the group response to the petition??

--Fillmore

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
pretty sharp looking bikes. i bet they'll have an even sharper price tag if they actually release them to the public.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I just got back from lunch and saw the survey in my e-mail from Ducati.

I don't care for the GT or the Smart but I'd really like to get the Sport 1000!!!!

I think we should all fill out the survey and put the selling price at $1.00.....maybe they'd listen ;D

S

·
0 Posts
The sport has a good look to it. I would pay about 12k for it. Assuming that it rides like a Ducati should and the hp's are inline with the supersports.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
my vote is for the sport! maybe filling out the survey and putting in what you would be willing to pay for it would prevent it from becoming a MH900.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
I already have a Monster. I'll go with the PaulSmart.

The Ohlins and inverted forks on these retros are sick. Way to go Ducati!

S

·
0 Posts
Too bad they used the SS frame for all of those. But I really dig the Sport. The GT is ok but I don't like the way the tank slopes forward. I also think it's funny as hell that the pipes don't line up on the GT. ;D

The Paul Smart is really nice but it has the same problem that they all do with the sloping tank.

Given a chioce between the three I would pick the Sport hands-down.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
The Paul Smart Replica has me drooling. Where the Multistrada carried the functionality of the Monster to the next evolutionary level, these concepts have struck a chord that reincarnates styling that represents state of the art motorcycling when a lot of us were young.

And hey, a lot of us older Ducatisti just happen to be the market slice that (a) Looks back at the days of youth nostalgically; and (b) Statistically, at least, knock down serious enough cash to make us viable targets in the marketplace. ;)

Not being in the cash-happy demographic these days, I'll be buying that Lotto ticket tonight with a brand new goal.

Time to lock up the wallet, again :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The SS's don't have a reputation for being the strongest frames in the Ducati line-up and it's the oldest design in production.

Personally, I like it on these bikes. It makes the engines even more of a centerpiece than the Monster frame.

--Fillmore

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks for the explanation. I love everything about the Sport, except the wire wheels. They look very retro cool, but I just think that Multistrada type wheels would be more functional.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Oh man.. this is not good. I'm already foaming at the mouth. The PaulSmart, or the Sport? Either way, i'm in love, again, and again it's a Ducati...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts