1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
No way, I think that looks amazing.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
No big surprize on the wet clutch. Noise regulations had pretty much doomed the dry clutch.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Hmmm...I like it. I figured it was only a matter of time before the dry clutch went away. Damn.

·
Registered
6,149 Posts

i dig it! [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I am totally digging that look...but I wonder how expensive it would be to change to the clackity-clak.

Tanya

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
T-byrd said:
I am totally digging that look...but I wonder how expensive it would be to change to the clackity-clak.

Tanya
me thinks you could just make the tolerances a bit wider in the clutch basket/plates

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
In my meager opinion quite possibly the sexiest bike on the market at the moment (next year). Maybe second to the 999 in black. I wonder if I can get the tank and fairing to fit on my S4RS? hmmmm...

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I have to admit that I like those bikes but I have always liked the sport classics, have you ever sat on one though? I feel that they are uncomfortable compared to the Monster, just my opinion though.

As for the dry clutch, I am sad to see it go but it is reassuring to see them start using the wet clutch, to me that means that they had intent on using it in the S2R and they didnt just try to make the bike inexpensive. Atleast that is how I am justifying it on the off chance I decide to purchase an S2R.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I believe dry clutches are going away mostly due to euro noise emissions standards.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Greerzilla said:
I really like it too, but gotta do something about the tailight assymbly... it's ugly and I can't spell tonight
Here you go, a quick edit on MS Paint:

Attachments

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
The smart thing for Ducati to do would be to keep the same side cover as the dry clutch engine, put wet clutch plates inside, fill it with its own oil, and put a larger sealed cover on it. This way they meet the noise requirements, they still keep one of the benefits of the dry clutch which is to not contaminate your engine oil, and for those of us who prefer a dry clutch, you can simply change the outer cover and clutch plates.

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
I think the conversion from wet to dry clutch is around $2500 and up.

I heard the main reason Ducati is going wet is easier clutch pull and longer life, which goes along with the increased service intervals. Personally I prefer dry, something about it makes it intrinsically Ducati and I hope they keep it at least on all the higher performance model bikes which I understood was the plan.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts