Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I pulled the trigger and got a nice 2018 821 that is still brand new, i got a screaming deal. But i got some questions, what are some tips and tricks with the bike? What exhaust do y’all recommend? What about air filters? And Ecu reflashes?
i just want any experience y’all have thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
883 Posts
Welcome , Go. Everything you asked about is subject to personal opinion and your pocketbook. It’s all available on this forum and others using the “Search “ function. No need changing anything until you’ve ridden the bike for a while in stock condition and decide your priorities. The stock air filter flows as well as anything when it’s new and clean. No reflash needed until you change the exhaust. You should set your suspension SAG ( look it up) for your weight to get the best handling. Plenty of information on that on the various forums.
Join other Ducati forums, they all have Monster sections. Read what others with the same model have to say. Ducati.ms is a good one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am researching a new or new to me monster right now.
Can I ask where you are and what a screaming deal is?

Rex
I just picked up my 2017 797 in January for $7k with 2k miles on it. I haven’t ridden a motorcycle since ‘06 and I decided crotch rockets weren’t for me anymore so I went for something a bit more “refined”... got a used 797. I thought it was a good deal because it already had a bunch of Ducabike parts which usually get put on first without messing with the bike to much; mostly aesthetics. It also already had a Termignoni exhaust too (I’m sure I misspelled it).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey guys I’m looking at buying a 2012 1100 EVO and had a question about something I saw in the pictures. Does anyone have any idea what that wire could be zip tied to the frame?
8A62665F-FE66-4BEC-B4C0-58370BFA2403.png

·
Registered
16 Posts
It‘s a battery tender cable, which allows you to keep the battery charged when not being ridden. I would have placed it in a more concealed location (for looks), but it’s easy to relocate.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Maybe not
It is an SAE type plug that the tender would use...
BUT
It could just be there to power something up on the bars. (Like mine) Follow the wires.
If it is for a tender it should be wired direct to the battery terminals I believe.

Rex

1 - 9 of 9 Posts