Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, just bought my first Monster today, its a sweet 2000 750, absolutely love it, but have 2 questions, hopefully ya'll can answers:

1. The tachometer doesn't work, its not the gauge tach type but the one that is above the warning lights... the guy who sold me it says its probably a fuse, can anyone verify this? It doesn't move at all.

2. There are 2 rubber hoses that seem to be hanging off the bottom right side of the bike, not attached to anything, in the middle, is this normal? thank you.

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
1. That's aftermarket, so it's hard to tell without knowing how it was hooked up. But, if the rest of your instruments are working, it's probably not a fuse.

2. Probably fuel tank and carb vent lines... follow `em back and see where they go.

HTH,
--Fillmore

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't believe its aftermarket, as I've seen other monsters from that year w/the same tach on it.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
I don't believe any M750s prior to 2001 came with OEM tachs of any kind, and I've never seen the bar graph style as OEM on a Ducati either.

It's a pretty common mod though... My first guess would be a bad connection between the tach and where it picks up its signal from the coil.

--Fillmore

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, looking at the tach, I can't seem to find any brand name or anything on it, anyone know who makes these or how can get in contact with the manufacterer? Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts