Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Article retrieved from MCN

Ducati’s new Mega-Monster musclebike and rival to the Yamaha V-Max has been spotted testing on the roads around the Bologna factory.

The pictures were grabbed as two bikes were testing on the road and show a big muscle bike with twin rows of LED rear lights and twin side-mounted exhausts. The pictures first appeared on Italian website www.motoblog.it.

Little is known about the bike in terms of mechanical details but its clear this will be a high-powered V-twin using a Ducati trellis frame with a single sided swingarm to take on the Yamaha V-Max.

MCN was the first to scoop this bike last year in early stages of development but these shots show the bike is almost in finished form. We expect to see the bike later this year.

Source with additional pics

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hear in France and the uk muscle bikes are not massively popular, just wondering why Ducati thinks this bike will be a good idea. In France you very rarely see a B-King or V-Max, I've seen 1 MT0-1 in 4 years, also reports say that Ducati is having trouble selling the M1100, anyway, I'm sure it will look cool and sound great.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mega-Monster or a Duc cruiser?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mega-Monster or a Duc cruiser?
it's a duc cruiser based on a 1098 engine with 170pk. It will be made to compete against the VMax

·
Registered
635 Posts
Dunno where Ducati wants to go with this bike, but, ...Personally, nice bike, but, not my style.
Stay with what you know, Monsters, SBKs, MTS, SF, HM, SC and maybe come back to ST line or SS line, but no cruiser:eek:

·
Registered
117 Posts
it's a duc cruiser based on a 1098 engine with 170pk. It will be made to compete against the VMax
Cool, I'll put some bags on it and make it my daily ride to work bike.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
More Spy Shots of the Ducati Power Cruiser

It looks like Ducati are preparing to launch the perfect tool for posing outside of the coffee shop with the Ducati Vyper / Power Cruiser / Mega Monster (forgive me, I just threw up in my mouth a little). Here are the latest carefully orchestrated and controlled leaked ‘spy shots’ from Motorcyclenews. Link

It's rumored that it's going to use the Multistrada's engine.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Sure it makes sense because many of their customers are well-heeled (read: rich) middle-agers who are getting older. With age, it becomes harder to throw that leg over a sportbike and then you have to start considering alternatives like a Harley cruiser or Honda Goldwing. Many older guys have had to come to the dreaded conclusion that their sportbike riding days were over and moved on to cruisers. With this bike, these guys can keep one foot in the sportbike world and the other in the grave, so to speak, without having to get a traditional cruiser.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ugly, and not their market at all.

I like the idea of branching out of sportbikes, as I am a bigger fan of standards. IDK, I think they already make a damn nice road bike line up.. I do think the new multi is stupid because it's too expensive and not versatile enough to actually do any adv type stuff with, but it'll make an ok touring bike.

Maybe a read DS type bike, based on the 696 engine or something... Kind of like those people that one offed the terra mostro. 2 cylinders, 70hp, under 400lbs, Wide ratio 6 spd, wet clutch, narrow, 21" front tire, 18" rear, lots of suspension travel, place to put luggage of some sort, no hard plastic anywhere.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think its a good idea for the company to go into the cruiser market, but I would work on aesthetics more. Maybe lean the front fender back, take off the windshield/naked front end, redesign the tail, and throw an exbox style exhaust on it and you're off to a good start.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mega-Monster Yeah!!!

I sort of think of it as a Streetfighter without the falling -over -the -handlebars posture. And getting more interested by the minute!:cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would love to see the new evo 848 engine put in too a Monster frame.
They did put out the 796, but I hear the new 848 will have over 130hp and greater torque numbers.
Just a thought.
Hate to see Ducati follow the masses to a cruiser style bike.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts