Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my local dealer yesterday and was told the new classics would be arriving ahead of schedule . the classic model would be in next feb.2005 and they would be selling them for under 10k. Also ducati will put your name on the bike [not sure where, or how] and that there will be a weblink to see it in various stages of assemble. The picture they had of it was orange like the kawi zx-10r instead of the yellow on the ducati site. Not sure if the picture is correct, i like it better than the yellow, ;sorry scott ;D Wish i could see a few more pictures besides the official site to make of my mind 8)

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
If they are that cheap that's less than MSRP, and the ducati site has "The first of the three models to go into production will be the beautiful and exclusive Paul Smart 1000. It will be available starting November 2005". There are costs in the links at the bottom of the page, the gt 1000 being 10-12000 in sept 06. check out www.ducati.com and click on the huge-ass banner at the top w/ all three in it. maybe your dealer is privy to new info, but that is what the manufacturer's site says. Hope the dealer is right though, can't wait to see them out.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it was kind of surprising to me but they were dead serious in the price. the p smart model will be out first. I have seen the duc site .Dealer said they were told by ducati everything is ahead of schedule. Hope it pans out

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
oh hell yeah then. I'm suprised ANYTHING Italian is coming ahead of schedule and under budget :eek: but if so that's great. maybe put down a deposit on a contract now in case they do go up!

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scott the picture she had was of all three bikes. It wasn't a brochure but instead a magazine type photo. the classic model was definately orange. She did say the smart model had very large silver flakes in the paint , kinda like the 70's metalflake and the frame is a standout bluish color. She is very knowledgeable when it comes to the ducs. The photo may have been a very farly picture . When i asked her about the color, she may have thought i was talking about the smart bike, I'll have to talk to her again. Oh yefa the deposit they wanted was $1000

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Hee Hee ;D Where were you? Marty put my deposit down, yesterday :D

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
We will see...

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
way to go Ally ;D which model ?I was in motown, have n't called them back to find out about the orange lemon color thing. I like the classic but the smart model paint job should be something 8)

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I am going for the PS, now if I can just get over my fairing issues it may work out. I really dislike fairings, but that bike is just so nice.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I never liked fairing .. until i got the geezer glide and now i love em.. except for the imfamous high speed wobbles. 110 and suddenly the front end seems like it's coming loose, but thats on the batwing fairing. I don't think that the duc will have the same issues.

H

·
0 Posts
Ally, you are far too cool. 8)

As for colors, all i've seen was; PS - silver
Sport - yellow
Classic - senna

Anyone see the write up in motorcyclist magazine, Jan 04?

·
Registered
385 Posts
I was at Pro Italia on Wed. and they said I could put a down payment on the GT1000 and lock in todays price. Bill said it was going to be $9899

H

·
0 Posts
I think I like the Sport 1000 the best, but the Paul Smart model looks pretty cool...

·
Registered
600 Posts
I was at Pro Italia on Wed. and they said I could put a down payment on the GT1000 and lock in todays price. Bill said it was going to be $9899
Was there a minimum they were asking for?

Every dealer seems to have a different understanding of orders and down payments its crazy.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
No real facts until dealers receive the bulletin laying everything out (approx March 1st). I believe there will be some form of a reservation log the dealer will have to submit to DNA. We have had a deposit on 2 Sports since before Christmas and when we get the forms we will just register them in order of deposit. As far as amount of deposit goes, I am not certain if DNA will mandate a certain amount or if they will maybe even ask for part of it themselfs ?? I know Yamaha collected a $400 dollar non refundable deposit from their deealers/customers for the first batch of FJR1200's Doubtful if DNA will do this, it will most likely be up to the dealers discretion. We have been asking a minimum of $500 and typicaly $1000 Max. The dealer must put the money in a non interest bearing account to keep it all legal (at least here in WA) so no need to collect much more than $1000. It basically gives the customer the "first rights of refusal" when the bikes arrive...keeps things in some form of order

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think I like the Sport 1000 the best, but the Paul Smart model looks pretty cool...
Same here... I want both, is that wrong? ;D I would share them with my husband, so it's not too greedy... is it? ;)

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 20 of 21 Posts