Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I think this is the first time I get to post an update about myself instead of my wife or a local MOB member doing it. ;D

First of all thanks again to everyone who helped me out, it is the most amazing show of selflessness I have ever experienced. It has really helped out Sarah and I financially due to the fact that I am not able to work. It has made me consider what I do for others in need and what I can do to help out (in addition to friends and family). As it turns out, not much yet, but I hope to at least get involved with kids who have lost an appendage like myself.

Good/bad news, I need more surgery. The doctors who originally cut the bones did so incorrectly.. They cut them at 90 degrees and flat; what they were supposed to do was round them off. Also the smaller bone (Fibula) is pushed out to the side and the new doctors are going to cut most of that one out. The good news about this is I have been having a lot of problems with the leg in it's current condition and it should be fixed with these surgeries. Part of the bad news is being back on the Morphine, in a wheelchair again, and wasted time. But what the hell, **** happens.

That's about it for now, again thanks all!!!!!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Man is it good to hear from you in the first person. [thumbsup]

I'm sorry to hear that you have to have more surgery, but hopefully that means a speedier recovery and less problems in the long-run.

Best wishes for a quick, successful surgery and recovery, lets hope its the last one. [thumbsup]

Tanya

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
If you want to save on medical expenses, I've got a die grinder I can loan you and you already have the morphine.

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
Sorry to hear about the whole one step forward, two steps back Kurt.
(not try'n ta be funny here... It's that everytime we read things are looking up.... the man get knocked back a bit)

Post up if anything is needed.

Any progress on play'n with the bike?

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Kurt,
You're an inspiration. Here's hoping the docs get it right this time.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Sounds to me like you have a great attitude on life.
Hope all goes well with the surgeries(and they get it right this time).

Oh, and to quote you"
"

G

·
Spidey said:
K-

Post up a when and a where, mang, so we can sneak ya in some bourbon to go with all the opiates. [thumbsup]
+1 You know I'll bring you a couple of frosty ones.

Hang in there buddy, I hope this will take care of some of that pain you were talking about at LDD.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Damn!...was just thinking about you today, but this wasn't what I was hoping for.
We are all here hoping for the best...

·
Registered
541 Posts
Good luck man, I havn't had the chance to talk to you ut damn your a stong guy. Hope everything goes well.

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Dude, go to India, I heard they got top quality surgeons at a third of the cost compared to here. Seriously no joke [thumbsup] Good to here from you Kurt

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Crowbar said:
But what the hell, **** happens.
wow, you are a strong person to be able to look at it like that [thumbsup] good on ya! and good luck on everything and hopes and prayers for everything! [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
GiorgioFurioso said:
Crap, man, sorry to hear about the new surgeries. Make sure we know where you'll be staying...
Definitely!!!!

Norm said:
If you want to save on medical expenses, I've got a die grinder I can loan you and you already have the morphine.
Yeah, sweet!! I think that will work. I have a nice work bench with a good vice on it I can clamp my leg into and it shouldn't move. I may need a couple more drain pans to catch all of the fluid I will probably leak. Also my wife will man the IV so that I don't pass out from lack of fluid. [thumbsup]

bobspapa said:
Any progress on play'n with the bike?
Yeah, I am in the process of getting the tank repaired, welded first (leaking from the bracket that is the pivot point for the tank) then dent pulled/painted. Fixed most everything else except the cluster. Once that is done the bike is ready for me to either sell (which I don't want to do) or create a masterpiece, the latter option is preferable.

Spidey said:
K-

Post up a when and a where, mang, so we can sneak ya in some bourbon to go with all the opiates. [thumbsup]
Hell, right now!!!!! Sneak me some bourbon through my window or mailbox or just come over and trade me for you stand. [laugh]

Well all, I guess I am a strong person but the reality is, what choice do I have. It's either shrivel up, complain, whine, depend exceedingly on others, expect sympathy, exploit a "handicap", and do nothing to help myself or ignore the incoinconveniencein and lack of physical mobility and move on with life the best I can. Besides, Sarah (my wife) doesn't need someone to take care of, thats my job and responsibility, to take care of her. For me that's what it comes down to, so if that makes me a strong person then "blush" , thanks..

Again, thanks ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!! [thumbsup]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts