Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first batch of Monster wheels just landed this morning. They are 25mm front axle with 17mm rear axle to fit the 2000-2002 M900/M750. This will also fit 94-02 bikes that have the SBK fork conversion.

S4, M620 and 2003 bikes have 25mm rear axles. Wheels for these bikes will soon be available.

The billet aluminum hubs are a work of art. They are cut out for weight savings. I will have some photos available on our site in a couple of days. If I can figure out how to post photos, I'll put some up here as well.

We will bring a set to the San Mateo Cycle World Show on November 7-9.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Can the S4R use S4 wheels ? Its getting kind of confusing figuring out what parts fit the S4R---Probably be that way for a while, eh ? I really liked the white wheels on my S4R, but ..... as all things white...they get dirty as hell real quick.

Dan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We have not fit wheels on a S4R yet but I'm pretty sure it will use the 748-998 wheels. We have those in stock.

The advantage in ultra lightweight wheels is not just in the looks. The light wheels transform the bike. It will handle, turn in, stop and accelerate much faster. It much easier to go fast with light wheels.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know how the Dymags are made but the BST wheels are "cooked " in an autoclave under 6 bar of pressure for 4 hours. It is a one piece design with a a UV protectant clear coat applied. Most people say the finish of the BST looks much better than the Dymag. You can bounce a BST wheel on the ground with no damage.

Performance wise we are getting reports of 3-4 seconds faster per lap than OEM wheels. 1-2 seconds faster per lap than the magnesium wheels. They are WERA and CCS approved. The BST wheels are currently used in MotoGP.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Any plans for front wheels to fit the older 20mm front axles?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is $3095/set to DML members. It includes urethane cush drive bushings, aluminum valve stems and aluminum sprocket.

It is a lot of money-- but it is a lot of performance too. To get the same overall level of improvement , one would have to do mods to the engine, suspension and brakes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
to confirm, yes, the S4R uses the same rims as the 748/9*6/998. ya lucky bum, those are cheaper because the sprocket hub/etc... isn't part of the wheel package ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Race_Day_ Dennis,

We have some BST wheels in stock to fit the S4R. The single sided wheel set is slighty less money than the double sided monster wheels that include the sprocket carrier, and urethane cush drives.

mrg2k,

BST claims they will last longer than aluminum or magnesium wheels. They are strong. You can bounce them on concrete with out breaking. For professional racing they are rated for 6 years (the Marchesini magnesium is rated for 1.5 years).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Is there a posting for prices of other things for dml members?
Had no idea that that that we get that much of a discount. How much discount on the 10 spoke forged ones?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
s2travis,
Sign up on the front page of the products section (next to the log-in box). http://www.motowheels.com/italian/

You will get passwords to access the member section. There are similar discounts through out the website. Some items have larger discounts than others.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Member price is $2995 for the S4R wheels. It includes aluminum valve stems. The single sided rear wheel does not require a new sprocket or cush drives- so it is a little less than the double sided wheels. If you email me after you order, I'll throw in a billet aluminum wheel nut for the S4R.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts