Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally put some different blinkers on my S2R and made a license plate bracket.I used an old car stereo face plate case to make the little black caps to put over the three hole on each side of beer tray.Then I drilled one big hole through the cap,tray,and metal piece on the inside(kept it for added strength).As for the plate bracket,just some aluminium from hardware store.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Re: New blinkers on my S2R(pics)

The new blinkers look nice, they'd look even better once you chop that beer tray off!

Fyi, when I originally chopped my tail, I used aluminum sheet metal to make the plate holder. On my first ride out, it flexed enough to catch the rear tire while it was spinning and I almost lost my plate since it got mangled backwards so badly. I made it again, only this time in steel and have had no problems ever since. I even bend it up or down depending what's behind me (cops, cameras, etc.). But since you still have the beer tray you shouldn't have a problem. That was no help.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I just can't do it,chop the tail that is.I've had it apart three or more times counting this last time.I look at it a say,"naaaahhhh". [cheeky]

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts

TwIsTeD said:
I just can't do it,chop the tail that is.I've had it apart three or more times counting this last time.I look at it a say,"naaaahhhh". [cheeky]
That's why you need a buddy to do it for you. You provide the beverage of choice and let him/her have at it. That way it'll get done cause your friend won't have the same sentimental attachment to your your bike that you do. It's tough love I tell you.

·
Banned
1,235 Posts

where are the pics gone at?

Q ???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts