Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been riding motorcycles since I was 21, and I'm 48 now. Last year I thought I'd try the world of cruisers, but swiftly discovered that I get bored on a cruiser, so yesterday I traded my Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Classic in for a Monster 796 - riding back home, the long way, I felt as though I'd returned home, and fell in love with this new bike. It's my eighth bike, and my first Ducati, and I suspect I'll be enjoying this Monster for some years.

I look forward to hearing about your Monster adventures and to future discussions...

I think I'll keep my intro short, as the road is calling and I'm going out for a bit of a ride.

Enjoy your ride:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
A-HA! Road is calling

The monster is calling me from the parking lot right now. UGH. Hate looking at a computer when it's a beautiful day and it's just waiting for me outside.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
understand

Oh, yes, how I feel the pull of the monster - the yearning to go ride, and yet, here I am needing to work today:(

Tomorrow, though, I'm free to go ride for a while:)

Take care

·
Registered
156 Posts
I've been riding motorcycles since I was 21, and I'm 48 now. Last year I thought I'd try the world of cruisers, but swiftly discovered that I get bored on a cruiser, so yesterday I traded my Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Classic in for a Monster 796 - riding back home, the long way, I felt as though I'd returned home, and fell in love with this new bike. It's my eighth bike, and my first Ducati, and I suspect I'll be enjoying this Monster for some years.

I look forward to hearing about your Monster adventures and to future discussions...

I think I'll keep my intro short, as the road is calling and I'm going out for a bit of a ride.

Enjoy your ride:)
Coyotman - Welcome to the world of Ducati Monsters. You mentioned your riding experience and we have somewhat similar backgrounds. I have been riding and racing since the age of 9 and am now 51. My M1100S is my first Ducati and for me and my riding style, this is absolutely the best bike I have ever owned. To put this in another perspective, it is the first bike of the over 25 that I have owned that on days that I cannot ride, I don't mind grabbing a cold one and going out to the garage just to stare at it.

When the Termi's become available for your 796, you may want to consider them. I have the carbon slip on Termi's on my bike and they really make the Monster sound the way it is supposed to. There are tons of posts on this forum regarding Termi's and the other manufacturers of exhaust systems for the Monster's.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the heads-up on the Termi's, I think I may look out for them.

It really is an amazing experience, and extremely blissful and satisfying, to find a bike that perfectly matches you and your riding style - the 796 is certainly that for me, at least in my journey so far. I can't say that any bike I've ever had has given me this experience, though I did have one I felt quite a bond with - this Ducati, though, I melded with on day one, and it is definitely a "love affair." Like yourself, on a day I can't ride, just going into the garage and looking at it brings enjoyment and invokes a big smile.

I don't think I have words for my experience with this bike, and if I did, no doubt I'd sound like a fool - I'm astonished.

All I can say is, "WOW, I'm real happy and having a heck of a lot of fun!"

Thanks for the warm welcome...

Enjoy that Monster of yours:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts