Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw this bike in the Member Bikes Gallery.

Very Nice. :eek:

Any details on the mods??

·
Registered
136 Posts
Nice....put a water pump and a hose reel on it and you got yourself a real cool fire engine. Quick response times I bet.......under 30 seconds perhaps?

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
I like it. I have sometihng similar in mind for my bike. I was just wondering what the stock rearset would look like polished.... i like it.

·
Registered
783 Posts
What's with the rear swingarm? It looks a little strange.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
very nice......... love the red wheels :)

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
I posted it for Bruce Byrd and asked him for some details. Here's his story:

"Hi Michael,
Thanks for posting the pic......I have more (different angles etc..)if you're interested. I am located in Taos, NM. The specs of the El Salto Moto Monster are 1993 M900
Engine:

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Very Cool! Sounds like a great time spent on a beautiful outcome.

R

·
0 Posts
What's with the rear swingarm? It looks a little strange.
Stiffer, and lighter hopefully....looks kinda like a jmc swingarm..

the image is not the duc one specifically

Ducati has a few similiar versions.....

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ahhhh....a stompin' motor to go with the killer looks.

Perhaps a September Featured Monster?

More pics would be appreciated. They'll probably make me cry, but I'll suffer through somehow. ;)

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, if he could find some greenery for a background, it'd be a perfect December bike. ;D

R

·
0 Posts
Hey Michael, Bruce?

Any way to get the compression numbers?
Very curious.........thanks.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for your compliments! The swingarm was made by Metmachex (if I remember correctly) and is a triple box beam design. The Penske shock is 12mm longer than stock as I like a bit more ride height.
As far as compression numbers.....I can't remember what this motor measured out to .(I built it 7 or 8 years ago!) But I do remember that this particular set of "high" compression 96mm JE pistons gave way to much measured squish when installed. This was resolved by turning down the base of the cylinders to get the proper clearance. When I get a break from customer bikes I plan to install a set of MBP collets and I'll pull the heads and calculate the real compression ratio. (i think its up there)
Thanks,
Bruce Byrd

R

·
0 Posts
cool....yeah I would think it would be up there, really cool look too...so, ah, well, then, ah.....what about hp? :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts