Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently picked up an '03 620D and wanted to get some feedback on a few mods I am looking to make.

The prior owner replaced the stock handlebar with a gold-tinted Renthal and I would like to change that out. Should I go with a new stock handlebar or perhaps a Rizoma? I have noticed folks talking about either drilling holes or filing tabs down?

Also want to replace the handgrips (these rather large aluminum ones) with something more comfort oriented. Was thinking of adding some ProGrips (any favorite 'models'?) and wasn't sure if I should get the open so that I can add bar ends or just go with the closed? The Rizoma handgrips look quite nice but don't seem as comfortable (at least that seems to be the consensus on a few threads I have read).

Thanks all for your time and thoughts!

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
get some clip ons, throw away stock bar. as for grips rizoma makes some really nice ones that are super comfy

·
Registered
635 Posts
Recently picked up an '03 620D and wanted to get some feedback on a few mods I am looking to make.

The prior owner replaced the stock handlebar with a gold-tinted Renthal and I would like to change that out. Should I go with a new stock handlebar or perhaps a Rizoma? I have noticed folks talking about either drilling holes or filing tabs down?

Also want to replace the handgrips (these rather large aluminum ones) with something more comfort oriented. Was thinking of adding some ProGrips (any favorite 'models'?) and wasn't sure if I should get the open so that I can add bar ends or just go with the closed? The Rizoma handgrips look quite nice but don't seem as comfortable (at least that seems to be the consensus on a few threads I have read).

Thanks all for your time and thoughts!
First things first, congrats on your new bike...

Second, the direction you want to take with modifying your bike is dependant on what you want to look like, what you want the bike to do, what are you going to be doing with the bike.

I've got a M620D myself and the bike is very close to where I want it it to be; got to go little by little since my budget wont allow to do much at a time; you'll learn that many cosmetic mods can be made by yourself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts